clutch master cylander problem - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 12:45 PM Thread Starter

clutch master cylander problem

Hey guys, I've been having problem with my clutch where its is hard to shift into gear. And it is the clutch because in first gear with the clutch pushed in the jeep will keep moving very slowly. I put a complete clutch job in it 20,000 km ago which included new clutch disk, new pressure plate, new throughout bearing and slave cylander, new pilot bearing and I had the flywheel machined. It still was a litte hard to shift into gear but now it is almost impossible. So the only thing left is the master and I just put a rebuild kit into it. I bled it and it worked great, before the clutch would engage and the very end of pedal travel and now it does it in the middle, like it should. But today it was back to the way it was before.I have no fluid loss and the pedal doesn't feel as firm as it was.the one thing that I did notice is when I push the pedal down a little bit of fluid goes back into the master, and since the plunger(I think thats what its called) is new the hole where the fluid is sucked back into the master cylander's bore must be worn out. And I don't imagine you can fix this without a new master cylander. What do you guys think? Thank .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Re: clutch master cylander problem

btt
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 08:42 PM

Re: clutch master cylander problem

First make sure you don't have too much play between the slave cylinder and the throw out fork.
All the bearing needs is 1/16" off the clutch fingers ... enough so you can just jiggle the fork.
Your guy may have left the 'bullet' part off from the end of the slave's pushrod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode