JeepskEight it is... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

JeepskEight it is...

Yup, the decision is made and dismantling begins Saturday. The Scrambler is going to become the new & improved Jeepskate. I'd like to thank everyone for their suggestions & opinions. I flip-flopped on this decision for almost a month and it wasn't easy, but I felt that given my future plans & current needs, this made the most sense. Yes, it's a lotta work, but I learned alot doing it the first time around and only some of it needs to be duplicated (painting frame, lining tub,etc), the rest is drop ins and bolt ons. I'll have some parts from both vehicles available for sale like power steering, power brakes, steering columns, CJ-7 frame, YJ tub, TJ rollbar, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 05:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: JeepskEight it is...

Can we assume that you'll post a list for us? Of course that could take a couple of posts!
Have fun with Jeepsk8!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 05:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey, sounds like you might even come out ahead if you sell those parts. I didn't give my opinion, but you choose what I've been kick'n around. I love my 7, but I keep thinking of building an 8 from the ground up. I've learned alot building "Mellow Yellow" think how much fun I could have building "Grade 8"! I'm sure it will be fun to watch you progress. Good luck and have fun!

Pete 83CJ7,4.2MPI,T18,all locked up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 05:48 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Sounds like a good plan to me - I don't know that I'd go with the CJ7 hardtop though. Basically, you'll have a CJ7 inside, with a little trunk, which you could've gotten with a nice trail rack on Jeepskate.... Maybe you'd want to go with an 8 softtop or something. I just don't think that the CJ7 hardtop will make best use of the extra room your bargaining for.

Just my opinion. Good luck!
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 07:34 PM
onetuffcj

Well good to see you did what i have been doing for 12 years, building, experimenting, improving and putting all of your time into working on your rig. I probably have less than 500 miles in 12 years but the wrenching is fun.
Good Luck with the 8, Mike

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Actually, I posted a short list of stuff in the classified section at jeepthing.com
Those guys are mostly local, so I figured that was the best place to start with the big stuff.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Ah, but part of the idea is that I won't have to buy a bunch of stuff (racks, bumper/tire carrier combo) to hang off the back :-)
The hardtop would only be on for Winter runs, a full soft-top is definitely on the "too buy" list.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I should at least recoup the purchase of the Scrambler and make enough to buy my patch panels and diamond plating. Contemplating selling the Dana 44 rear as well to help fund building the 9" I bought a few weeks ago. There should be a lot of progress these next couple of weeks.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

12 years?!?!? Stop it man, you're scaring me ;-) It'll be out next year...gotta be ready for the Jeep-L T2K run in June. Of course it won't be in it's "final" iteration by then ;-)

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-07-1999, 11:37 PM
BigMan

Good luck... I still say the cj 8's are funny looking. Have you ever seen one o the ramp, it just about hits the rear on the ground. Atually i'v always had the idea of stretching the rear wheel all the way back o a cj8. That would look good but woul need a custom frame.

Al
My web page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode