Wanted - 33x9.50 15 for spare - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Wanted - 33x9.50 15 for spare

I can't find any 33x9.50s anymore. BFG stopped making 'em, and I can't find a used one anywhere.

let me know if you have one or have seen them for sale anywhere. I'd pay to have it shipped. Thanks,
Roger
[email protected]
www.4wdjeep.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 05:00 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Wanted - 33x9.50 15 for spare

I've got a local source for them ..that are a good bit cheaper than BFG. AFTER I bought my BFG in the 33x9.50 @$145 each I was at this local Laramie warehouse in town and just was looking for some 30x9.50 for my SE to go with my new Canyons. His price for 33x9.50 was around $99 (not a firm price I was looking at the 30's). He had the 30's for around $69. I couldn't tell you if they were AT or MT ..

......but I'll get the "fat" on it tomorrow and either help you out or at least give you the make and/or the contact info for the outfit.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Gary --

Thanks for the info. I did a bit of digging around here and Laramie does make a 33x9.50 R15 tire. Check 'em out at:
www.laramietire.com

I had to contact their distributors to find out that my nearest dealer is 30 mintues away -- when I called the dealer he said they didn't have any 33x9.50s, but after I made him check he found 'em..

The Trail Cutter Radial R/T tire appears to be a Big O tire relabeled for Laramie, and it is available in the 33x9.50 size. Unfortunately, my dealer wanted $120.00 for one, but at least he can get this size.

Thanks again for the help -- maybe others can benefit from this info.
Roger
www.4wdjeep.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 01:48 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I'm glad you found something semi-local!

I just got back from the warehouse and my usual guy was on vacation. His replacement (this is pretty much a one or two man show) couldn't find any either (yet I swore I saw them). I don't know why ...but the entire tire community appears in denial of the existance of this size tire. [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] They just make sense to us, I guess [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm pretty sure that the price was around $99 (cash and carry - this is a warehouse) while my BFG's were mounted and balanced for the $145. I doubt that it would be worth a shipping arrangment given only $20 difference in price.

Seeing that this tire is surely doomed in the future....I wonder if I should grab another set as my wallet allows [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'd hate to have to get new wheels just to continue to use 33" tires. I just have no need for that added mass of rubber.

Added sources: kelly springfield (goodyear?) has a couple in this size

the "commercial" line up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode