1" daystar body lift Read this if you have a kit - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

1\" daystar body lift Read this if you have a kit

Heres the scoop. I started installing daystars 1in body lift kit on my CJ. The kit is for 80 to 86 CJ. When i went to install the spacers inside the poly mounts i noticed they were short. I had the same problem last year on a CJ i am restoring at work. They sent me the correct length ones then, and are this time also. What i am concerned about is how many people have a kit that has the wrong parts in them and people have installed them this way. You need to have the correct length spacer or the poly bushing will collaspe over time and the bolts will loosen up. Which will make the body loose and that isnt a good thing. Daystar was great to me both times. They wouldnt overnight me the parts but he did tell me i would have them for the weekend. So if you have one of those kits make sure you check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:20 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: 1\" daystar body lift Read this if you have a kit

I don't remember having any problems with my kit other than the instructions he sent me were photocopied about 200 times, so I could read them. They sent me Acrobat instructions. When you say spacer, do you mean the sleeve that goes inside the poly bushing? I think all mine were the correct length.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 06:19 AM

I plan on getting this kit when I order my new Body later this winter, for my 82 CJ-7 project. Should I re-consider?? Is this a good kit?? From what I had read and heard I thought this was probably the best 1" kit to get. Any extra input would be great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:15 AM
Addict

Not sure if you'll are talking about the same kit, but I installed the integrated 1" lift/mount Daystar kit and had no problems. This kit completely replaces the stock body mount bushings with a taller poly bushing. All the parts were there, including a few extras. They sent 2 sets of bolts, I guess depending on your application.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Jammy just check to make sure the inner sleeves are the right length. They should me the same length as the bushing and the bottom bushing.

CJ7Attitude, no dont reconsider the kit. Its a great kit just make sure when you get the kit that the sleeves are the right lenth. They should be 2 1/4" for a CJ and also the CJ uses a longer bottom bushing on the mount on the front of the tub. That bushing is a 1/2 longer and should either have a sleeve a 1/2" longer or replace that bottom bushing with one of the thinner ones.

Fratt, yeh were talking about the same kit, but you have a 77 which is a different kit so im not sure what the differences are or if that one was messed up. Just double check the sleeve length.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:25 AM

Who did you buy the kit from? And did you deal with Daystar directly to get the parts corrected?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 08:37 AM
thejunker

I got mine drop shipped from Daystar, and it had everything I needed, all the right stuff, plus several extra spacers, washers and bolts. Everything went in fine.

Only problems I had were related to my CJ such as I spun several of the welded nuts, broke one original bolt, and had to take a BFH to my rear crossmember.... the daystar body mounts/lift went in with no problems though.

just my $0.02
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

I got the kit from Qtec cause when i order there i get the order the next day. I dealt with Daystart both times and both times they we more then happy to fix the problem. I did have to bypass the first idiot on the phone, but it didnt sound like he has ever touched a wrench. When i got to the next guy he knew, right off the bat what i was talking about and knew how to fix it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode