Wrangler window crank sticking terribly - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Wrangler window crank sticking terribly

The driver's side window on my 99 Wrangler has, for almost a year now, been sticking towards the top of the travel. It's recently gotten so bad that I'm worried that I'll break off the crank. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I've tried WD40 but that doesn't seem to be working. Thanks for your help.

Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Wrangler window crank sticking terribly

Same thing with my wife's Sahara. About the last inch the window cocks out of alignment (tilts forward). I had it fixed 4 times under warrany ...they even allegedly replaced the regulator. Within 2-3 weeks it would be back where it was again. I could still have them fix it now after a talk with the rep ...but I'll just figure it out myself ......sooner or later.

I just looked at the FSM and it looks fairly simple inside there (under the door panel) I imagine that the regulator (the vertical member that transmits your hand crank action) has become misaligned. ...errr let's see here...it also mentions to make sure that the door glass is properly seated "improperly seated door glass will result in high glass roll up/roll down effort.

Anyway ...pull the door panel off and see what's out of whack when it hits the top . It also says that the glass is attached to the regulator with screws (???).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode