Help on Tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help on Tires

I have a Jeep Wrangler TJ 2001 model. It it just the base SE model with the 4 banger. I want to put some new tires on it that will fit my stock 15" wheels but are much cooler than the goodyears that came on it.

I was wondering what size tire can I go up to without having to mod my jeep in anyway? I also would like to know if moving up to that size will bog the engine down any or how much it may mess up my speedodometor?

I appreciate your help & time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:27 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Help on Tires

I would say that you should look for a set of 30X9.5 BFG A/Ts Or if you want to go just a bit bigger 31X10.5 Both should fit your rims with out a problem. And I don't think they will rub ether, however maybe a TJ guy can conferm that. ?31's stock? You will notice a decline in performance, there is no way to get around that. But with a tire in that size range it won't be too bad. I tend to think that with the stock tires and the 4.10 R&P the jeep revs a little high anyway. So to me 30's are the perfect height for a 4 banger that sees mostly paved roads.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:26 PM

Re: Help on Tires

Hey, welcome to the board, 30's fit pretty well, i ran 30x9.5 bfg at ko's for a while and they only rubbed on the coil buckets but it was no big deal. 31's might rub depending on if you disconect your sway bars and if you wheel your jeep or not. Rubbing isn't necessarly a bad thing though. Also try a serach a bunch of people have asked this exact question a bunch of times.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode