Home from surgery - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Home from surgery

I got home today from the hospital spinal surgery SUCKS!!! I can not tell if I am any better off. But thanks for all the nice things that were said prior to going in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 01:23 AM
Old Hand

Re: Home from surgery

Glad your back and ok!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 01:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Todd it feels good to be home!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 06:43 AM
ArkyCrawler

Shelby, I hope your doing well. I had back surgery last year and it took almost a week before I was able to get back on line. I just couldn't set long on the workstation. don't let it get you down. For me It seemed that after a week to ten days that the more walking I did the better I felt. That was the 2nd back surgery I've had and I didn't bounce back as quickly as the first time.

Good luck and watch out for the painkilllers [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Steve
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:25 AM

I had back surgery last year myself and I know its no fun.My first doctor kept saying I wasnt a candidate for surgery and after 8 months of my back not getting better and him saying I'll have to live with it.I went a saw another doctor and a month later I was in surgery but with having the disk pressing on the nerve for so long it may never get back to normal.

It ended my mechanicing for a living so now I'm in college learning about computers.But I can still put those 15 years of knowledge and tool collecting from being a mechanic to use by work'n on the Jeep and I enjoy it so much more now that I don't work on cars everyday.

So take it easy, don't stay in one postion to long, do your walking and don't let those pain killers get the best of ya [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I hope you have a speedy recovery and we'll see ya on the trails.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Welcome back man! Remember, don't trip over any animals or kids! [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:47 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Good to see you're back. Now for some more armchair Jeeping and then some real Jeepin!

Good luck on the recovery!

Fritz
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 05:18 PM

Man I must have missed this before. Glad you're back and OK. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Give some time and take it easy. I had it done to me last year [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] and while I'm not "brand new I'm still way better than before. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Listen to the doc and his orders........and follow them. I wouldn't even be able to walk by this point if I hadn't had it done. Good luck and take care of yourself. (BTW, where did you have it done and who did it)[i know you're not that far from me]
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 05:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks To all of you.

Dirt Dog,
Dr Amongero from the Orthopedic Institure of Dayton did the surgery at Miami Valley. In and out in 4-1/2 days. I would have been out in 3 but I was on NPO nothing by mouth and they screwed up and fed me that night. They went in Anterior so they had to have full digestive functionality. So that cost me a day or 2 and a lot of uneeded misery.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 05:46 PM

That sux. Hope all is well. (I had mine at kettering)<------that is one kick a$$ hospital. I was totally happy how well it was run by quality people. Dr. Gary Kraus did mine. That is ALL he does and came recommended by all 4 places that I inquired too.(2nd opinions) I take it that he is the MAN in this whole area.(like eastern united states)
Where exactly you at again, I forgot? And how long are you supposed to be down for? (i was down off work for 6 weeks)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode