Clutch squeak on a 95 wrangler? 95 Jeep RECALL!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Clutch squeak on a 95 wrangler? 95 Jeep RECALL!!

Hey I know I havent posted in a while but i forgot my Password =(. But NEWAY im back and have 3 issues id like to bring up.
[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]1.) There is a recall on some Jeep Wranglers years 90 to 95. I dont know if all the owners got the letter but there is a problem with the parking brake assembly and it may release at random times. So get in contact with your Crysler dealership and hve them look at it because its free of charge.

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]2.) My 95 Wrangler is squeaking when I take off and at the start the squeak is periodical with the wheel spin and then while im riding down the road it will sqeak with the RPM's of the Jeep. Now the wierd thing is that it Only happens when the clutch is out and not pushed in which leads my to belive that it is a clutch problem. My Dad drove it tonight and he thinks it is not a clutch problem but he cant figure it out. If Ne one else has had this problem and may know what the prob is I would appreciate some input.

[img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]3.) I am looking for maybe a cheap or not so cheap place to store things in my 95 YJ such as jumper cables, towstraps, wrenchs and basic tools for the trail and underneath my seat is not cutting it. If someone has a creative idea that they use or maybe bought a good product that truly believe in I would like some advice there too.

(I try to post only on stuff I know about)

95 wrangler, stock PT, 4'' lift, 33'' tires. [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:44 PM
DirtyDave

Re: Clutch squeak on a 95 wrangler? 95 Jeep RECALL!!

Check your u-joints. It's hard to tell without hearing it but it's worth looking at.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Old Hand

Hey Scuba,

My jeep is doing the squeking too, more of a rattling sound, it squeeks when I release the clutch as well I`m thinking it'st he throwout bearing..

Not sure if the 2 things are related but it all happened after some deep water...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:55 PM

Sounds like U-joints to me too. Take 5 minutes and pull the driveshaft move the caps around they should move smooth and easy.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Old Hand

Ya, I think my rattling/squeking while driving is my u-joints.. and the squeeking when releasing the clutch is the throwout..

Will see what's happen with my new axles, and driveshafts... [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

For your sh*t you haul around get a Bucketbag from Homedepot or someother hardware store. I love them I can fit everything in one. Another thing build a box under the hood to put jumper cables in and other parts you may need. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 06:39 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanx for all the help fellas. My dad claims that it cant be the throwout bearing because he said that would make a hum not a sqeak (although it does hum when i release the clutch). Being that i do have a 4 inch lift my driveline angles are pretty screwed up. The bad vibrations went away when i started up but now i have that aggrivating sqeak, and yes not that i think about it, it didnt match with the tire spin it seemed more like it matched the speed if the driveshaft spin. Look like ill have to get bigger shims =(. oh well that all part of the jeep experiance.

Thanx again.
95 wrangler, stock power train, 4 sus. 33 tires.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2002, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I noticed the same thing while sitting at a red light the other day. While I was in neutral with the clutch out it would have a slight squeal, then I'd put my foot on the clutch slightly and the noise would stop. I asked my father and he said it could be the throwout bearing also. I'm not sure what to do and the noise is still there and still annoys the hell out of me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode