Online service manuals - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Online service manuals

Looking for a online servive manual 1974 CJ5 v8. Free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 06:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Online service manuals

I couldn't believe I found one Saturday night for my '67 CJ at Half Price books. Nearly free..$6.95. And it didn't even have any greasey fingerprints in it, yet. Try the used book stores.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 07:23 AM
Mud in my Veins

Maybe this would help? '72 TSM ...Hope you have broadband! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 09:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks. good idea.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 02:01 PM

Anyone found one of these for CJ's that cover an 85?
Brandon
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 03:29 PM

I have the Chilton's CD that covers all Jeeps from '45 to '01, except Grand Waggies. (I think). The downside - the reg number only lets you view 1 year/1 vehicle after the 1 week evaluation time. PM me if you're interested. This goes for anynoe - just let me know.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 04:31 PM
Veteran

i know that several people had mentioned before about posting as many of these service manuals as they could and was wondering what all years we have up and where to find them all :-) and yes i have broadband [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] thanks

-web
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:32 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Viewing one year for a week? Does the CD ID still work for other years after trial? Would be interested in 1974 CJ5.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Official Historian

jbutler515, pay attention. He said for one week you can view all the years/vehicles on the CD. After the one week trial, you can only see one year/vehicle.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 11:11 AM
mindbender

I posted some of these comments earlier. This summer I spend quite a bit of time on the net trying to find service manuals that I could use with an 85 CJ and a 95 XJ. I even tried international databases and may have found some manuals for free, but it didn't help that I couldn't read them in their language. I ended up at the ALLDATA website. After consideration, I decided to try their manuals. Their agreement provides for online viewing of 1 vehicle/1 engine/1year for $24.00. and a second car/engine/year arrangement of $16-18. I downloaded a very large number of pages on my vehicles and created extensive manuals. The later 95 model webpages and information were very, very detailed. The 85 manual was just detailed, but still far superior to Haynes and Chilton manuals - I suppose that is not saying much. ALLDATA is a much better buy and is car specific as opposed to needing to sort through a whole range of information to find car specific information. The chassi and engine writing diagrams were excellent. So were a number of the engine repair diagrams and instructions. I encourage you to give their website a look and explore the two examples they provide. I found the examples they provide for viewing reflective of the best examples of what they provide while the actual information on particular models fell somewhat short of the examples. It also appeared that some pages were in construction, i.e., relay wriring diagrams, etc. Mindbender

PS: I don't work for them , but if someone from ALLDATA reads this and [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]wants to send me cash or a trip, I'll take it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode