Just Got Ran Over By A CJ - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
Pog

Just Got Ran Over By A CJ

I thought I would be a nice guy and help this young lad out he said he wanted someone with him when he went to this place called the pillars near my town. He tried to climb a real steep hill got stuck at the top so I can from the other direction pulled him out and I was untieing the strap off the front off his cj (used a dring) then the bugger lets off the brake to come help me untie it and the thing knocks me down and the front drivers tire drive over me. started at my legs right past my groin thanks god!! and up over my abs which were so tight from fright. I get up walk back to my jeep and take a min saying my prayers making sure nothin is broke. My right leg really hurts and my lower back so I will see how I am tomorrow. I will never wheel with someone I dont know again. I feel I was pretty lucky so far. Be Careful and god bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 11:54 PM

Re: Just Got Ran Over By A CJ

OUCH! Though it sounds like you are okay, please let us know in a day or two if you really DID make out okay! Cracked ribs are no fun! Our prayers are with you in the pain and prayers of thanksgiving to the almighty.

Myself, I get VERY nervous around chains when they are being used to pull someone. I've never been nailed, but seen them break and do damage to steel....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 05:31 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Ouch! Hope you heal up 100%. Being drivin over doesen't sound like any fun. Your in our thouhts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:04 AM
Veteran

Man, I'm glad I'm not the only one that get's ran over by Jeeps [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Addict

I know what you mean I once was nice and helped this kid get unstuck for a semi frozen spring in the middle of no ware. Well wee hooked up about 150 feet of chain and straps just to get to him. I started pulling (in reverce) 1st misstake! As he would get closer we would pull a chunck of chain out. When we got to the last 50 feet I gave him a jurk and he cought solid ground. I was like finaly, And OOOOOOHHHHHH S#IT at the same time. When his tires cought he nailed the gas and was heading right at me I nailed the gas in order to try to get away from him but he already had a head start. BAAANNG head on! And to top it off now the little punk had to pull me out of the ditch that he just chased and ran me into. That was about 12 years ago. I didnt wheel with again until this summer! I will say that he is just as crazy as he was back then if not more so now but it was a great trip and I cann't wait till the next one! Elusive let me know when you find out about Paragan [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Pog

Well so far so good, Only my muscles are really hurting now no broken bones. I will be back to 100 percent in a few days. I can't wait to see the little bugger again see what he has to say. [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 04:56 PM
Veteran

ouch, thats gotta sting. hope all is ok and you're back up to good quickly. i never dive, climb, sail, shoot, or jeep with somone i dont trust :-)

funny side note, when i was in the Corps out in the stumps we had this Lt. who fell asleep and some idiot backed a hummer over his head (fortunately he was sleeping with his kevlar bucket on and suffered no damage) it was a bit scary until we found that he was unhurt, but after that noone was aloud to move a vehicle in a field bivi area without a front and rear ground guide [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:12 PM

Doesn't sound like to much fun, glad to hear nothing is broken. That's simply amazing about the Hummer and the guy sleeping....glad that Kevlar did it's job or he'd have one hell of a headache.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 08:34 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

I knew those K-Pots needed to be good for something other than being extra weight on ruck marches!! Glad to hear your alright.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode