Tire delema - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:07 AM
Mudman

Tire delema

I am wondering what everyone is running on their rig. My jeep is my daily driver and I wheel every weekend. Figured it is time for new tires and they are pretty worn and have been on 2 different jeeps sofar. Any recommendations of good offroad/onroad tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:14 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Tire delema

BFG mud terrains will be my next tires, my son and his wife run them on thier jeeps and like them a lot.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Pog

I run Bridgestone Duelers M/T only 31 but the grip and dig and are pretty good on road. I will get bigger ones next time [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:25 AM
Keyboard Implanted

How far do you drive to work and back, how many miles do you put on your jeep in a week. I run 33 Swamper TSL's on mine and I love them! I don't regret getting them at all. They don't wear as well as the BFG, but nothing beats them for tossing goo, and that is what I like to do on the weekends.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:31 AM

What kind of wheeling do you do?

If it were me and on road was the main concern i would get BFG muds, if on and off road were considered equal, as they should be, I would go with one of two tires. If you are into mud go with the SSR swamper, if you like to rock crawler you cant beat the good year MTR, which is also great on road, but doesn't wear as well as a BFG, and good in the mud!

good luck
Tony
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I live in the great Northeast. And we do a lot of playing in the MUD. If you don't sink to at least your knees we arn't haveing fun. And man do those swampers dig. I love um. But on the other hand I only drive 5 miles round trip to work. So my jeep doesn't rack um up too fast. You won't be sorry if you go swampers
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:39 AM
Old Hand

I`m in the same delima cept I KNow what I want they just don't make em for 16.5 Rims 37" I want the BFG's again... I have some 35" on my jeep now and Love em!!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Old Hand

I run two sets - one for the road and one for the trail. 33X10.50 BFG AT's for the street (and snow) and 34x9.50 TSL's on the trail. The tall skinny BFG's are a little smaller and lighter and get much better gas mileage. Just get some cheap steel wheels and you are in business!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 04:22 PM

I have a '97 TJ and daily drive it on unballanced 32" sx's with a spool in the rear. They arn't that bad to drive on, now that it's getting cold i get flat spots but i don't really drive that much except to get to school and go wheeling. I would say get the swampers and go from there. I'm tempted to pick up a set of 33" bfg's for $100 if i can swing the $$ and use them as daily driver tires though swapping tires is a major pain in the butt.

BarrelRoll
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 04:27 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

I'm running a set of 35x12.50x15 BFG T/A KM's. They're holding up pretty good on the street so far. I probably have about 4k on them so far. They do great in the mud and work pretty good in the rocks too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode