looking for 8" stock tj wheels to buy cheap... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

looking for 8\" stock tj wheels to buy cheap...

Hi fellow jeepers,

I'm new to this forum. I have a 98 tj and i'm looking for 8 inch stock alloy wheels(I think they are part of the canyon wheel package) for sale in the sacramento, Ca area. I willing to travel within 100 miles or so to pick them up. I want to pick them up so I can also inspect them. If any of you have 8 inch stock alloy rims laying around, please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!

NCjeeper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 11:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: looking for 8\" stock tj wheels to buy cheap...

The term "cheap Canyon" is an oxymoron. [img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

These are highly sought after by the "not so hard core" crowd (like myself) ..you can handle 33" (x9.5 -10 cross section) tires without the side effects of modified back spacing.

If you can find a decent (as in near perfect -minor pollishable scratches) for under $350 - 400+ shipping it would be rare. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=1866737216
The price won't change a whole lot minus the tires. The tires make it pretty expensive to ship.

I got lucky and Elusive (Chris) sold me his somewhat less than perfect set for money that I was willing to part with [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. I got an added bonus of free shipping and handling via 3/4 ton YJ (Greg) [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. All that I had to do was send the money ...and take a nice drive .......well a long, but nice, drive to pick them up. A case of diet soda was the only gratuity he would accept. I could not have afforded them any other way. [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yep, those are the ones i'm looking for. Don't need the tires though. I still have good thread on my current tires and 7 inch rims so I will wait and see if I get 'lucky' like you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 11:51 PM
Keyboard Implanted

They are a good looking wheel. Nothing else DC offers in a jeep are quite as good looking ..nor demand the price in the 8" variety. The Gamblers (the one with the bunch of circles around the center) are sold typically at a $75-$100 discount to the Canyons. Any aftermarket alloy of any decent width and appearance is going to cost more ..and steel, although cheap, is heavy and aestetically bland.

I feel your pain. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] It took me almost a year to find a set that I could afford. Good luck [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 12:22 AM
Keyboard Implanted

geeze.. i shoulda held outfor more!..
[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
actually.. i'm glad your happy with them.. i thought a couple were rockrashed pretty good..
lots of folks swap them out for different backspacing wheels...since they are still making them...it seems like if you are patient... you wont have to pay the $500 for them. ask at a 4x4 shop... search ebay...you could get lucky...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 02:21 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Yes, they had a gouge or two [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]...but I didn't buy them for a show jeep [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Not that my SE is going to be assaulting anything too challenging in the near future. Beyond a 10 foot inspection they're okay ....and I can fit them with the tall and skinny tires that I've grown to fancy [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess we just happen to collide with each other at the right time [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Probably most people looking for Canyons would want them pristine ..and are willing (and able) to pay the money for them to be that way. You probably didn't know of anyone that would want them in that condition (in your case maybe you didn't know anyone who wasn't "softcore" enough to use them)....I couldn't afford any in better condition. You gotta like those win/win situations [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
...and yes, I'm happy with what I got from the deal [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Someday (sigh) ...I too hope to outgrow my Canyons. Perhaps (little sniffle) I'll be able to pass them on to another needy jeeper who's starting his or her upward climb (sob) [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:15 AM
Keyboard Implanted

BTW- I would have sent you this "back channel" ..however your profile is empty. Kindly fill it out and get one of those yahoo or other email addresses to avoid spam if you must.canyons on ebay
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks, I will look into it.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 03:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have five Gamblers in nearly new condition lying around in my basement off a 1998 Jeep TJ sport with the 30" wheel package, I have them installed on 32" BF Goodrich Tires, I can separate them for you. But I live in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada, I am asking 350$ for the five wheels and you pay shipping, if you are interested email me [email protected]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2002, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the feedback. That's not a bad deal. However, I prefer picking it up but unfortunately your a little out of the way. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode