Snorkel on CJ7 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 06:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Snorkel on CJ7

Hi, i want a Snorkel for a CJ7.

I know theres no snorkel for the CJS, but the YJ Can Be Adapted.

Has anyone has done this??

What i need to fit the YJ Snorkel in the Cj7?

Anyone has some picks of CJ7 with snorkel??

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 08:57 PM
Spike5421

Re: Snorkel on CJ7

You should do a search
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-10-2002, 09:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Spike, i search in this Forum and in other places, but i coudnt find anything.

Someone??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 05:42 AM
Old Hand

Maybe if you fill out your profile so we know what engine/carb setup you are running, we might be able to help. Read the top post on this forum. It ain't there just for show....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hooch,

I do agree that his profile should be filled out. There's no excuse there. However reading the subject name of the first post says something about "read this before your your first post". This guy has posted 28 times. No reason for him to think he had to read it.

I think its funny how people beat people up for asking a question. I realize that it gets annoying when somebody doesn't do a search, or when somebody doesn't fill out their profile. I've used the search feature here and I can never find something. Maybe I am doing something wrong but he had trouble too. I've been hanging out here since the old bbs was here; I see a lot of duplicate posts also. - Its easier to not reply if you're not going to answer the question.

As far as his question goes - Sorry I also have never seen a snorkel for a CJ. I built mine when I was running one.

(Not starting a "fight" but think its funny how fast people jump on somebody's back for not filling out a profile) I will say that I am very cranky today sorry if I am being rude..
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:32 AM
Old Hand

Well sorry, but this guy has missed the "read this first" post 28 times then as the "read this first" post went up the day after he registered....

As for the snorkel; I have seen a solution for this, but this is for the Weber carb, hence my request for the profile info.

<font color="red">I never said anything about the search function</font color> as I know it is not flawless but if somebody expects to be helped out, the least they can do is provide some info about their Jeep and its setup.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 06:38 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I have to go with JerseyWheeler on this one. My thinking is, that would it be reasonable to think that someone somewhere has run into your exact problem before? I'd have to say yes. so if it's been posted before then what's the point in asking anymore questions? we should have enough posts in this board to answer everyones questions......Doesn't sound like too much fun to me. On top of that, how often do you see a question about CJ snorkles, not everyday, hell not even once a month I bet. Even with as silly as I think snorkles are, I can't see how this question would warant a "do a search" reply and a " My TR upgrade is acting funny" question wouldn't

Sorry to go off like this, it's just something that has always bothered me about those replies. Unless you know something specific that you can refer some to search for, the "do a search" replies are useless.

brent
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:06 AM
Veteran

well since the original question had something to do with a snorkel on a cj-7 lets see... no, don't believe that i have seen any companies that make one, but who would want to spend that kind of money on something you could put together yourself for a few bucks right?

anyway, if you are running the world famous carter bbd then you should know that it just so happens that you can take an intake tube (from throttle body to air box) from a 2000 tj 4.0L and it will fit nicely on top of your carb. if you pull the air cleaner hoop (the thing with the screw for the air cleaner) off of the carb and cut about 1/2 inch off of the bottom of the tube it fits perfectly under the hood and mates directly to the carb (just make sure you leave the hose clamp on and tighten it really well). from there you can do all sorts of things for a snorkel. you can mount the tj air box and run a snorkel out from that, or you can just pipe the intake all tha way out and run a cone filter on the end, or you can run it through the firewall and have it draw from inside the jeep. its all what you feel like doing, but alas, i do not believe that anyone makes a kit. hope this helps. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

oh yeah and you really SHOULD fill out your profile, it helps you and its kind of a courtesy thing for the other guys
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:22 AM
Spike5421

Sorry here is a good link for some ideas on making your own, I searched Snorkle, newer than 1 year and came up with this, http://home.pacbell.net/jay_w007/arbsnorkel.html
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-11-2002, 09:44 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well, I am a proud Samurai owner. If you know anything about Samurai's, you would know that their intake is HIDEOUS! My motor (may have been) locked up from water in the intake. Either that or the alternator locked up and broke something in the engine. Anyway, no one makes a snorkel for a Samurai, so if you want to do some serious wheeling, you need a snorkel, and you have to make your own. They can be done for under $20. Get some PVC piping and measure it out and see what kind and how many angle pieces you'll need. Adapt up wherever you want it to go, paint her up, and your set! It's that simple! [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode