OT - Good Day's Drive and lots of Jeeps! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

OT - Good Day\'s Drive and lots of Jeeps!

After playing with my new toys, I realized that I had to take my wife's yoga stuff to her. When I got there, she told me that it would be another two hours until her class began, so we went for a ride out old Charlotte Pike in Nashville.

Absolutly beautiful country. I loved the ride. We saw a mid-late '40s Willys PU for sale beside the road and a man that I must say I truly envy. This guys had seven Jeeps! There were 3 scramblers, a YJ, a Cherokee, and 2 CJs!!!

Man I can only hope! I wanted to stop and chat, but we had to get my wife back to class. On the way back I spotted a dead Jeep at a distance in a personal junkyard and a nice little early 60s CJ5 in a field next to a barn that was absolutly begging me to take it home!

Somewhere out there is a 4wd trail according to my topo map, so i may plan to spend a day looking again.

Oh, if that guy is here, shoot me an email!

Fritz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 09:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: OT - Good Day\'s Drive and lots of Jeeps!

Been there, long drives not knowing where I am, but I know where I'm going never to return. Hundreds of VERY modified JEEPs for sale. Never seen one where i normaly drive. I think I halucinate after being in the JEEP too long. Fumes, road shock, no radio???????????????? <font color="red"> OH YEAH, IT'S A JEEP THING PLEASE UNDERSTAND</font color> [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 05:55 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I know that feeling well. Sometimes it is great to just get out and cruse. And it is always cool to see Jeeps that need to be rescued (read.. For sale) I have been driving by a place for a while now, there is a guy with a CJ-2A that is 100% original, the thing is beautiful ! I would give anything for an extra 5K to pick that baby up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

You see, I try not to get myself in those situations because I know that if I find something that's cheap that I want (ie a Jeep needed to be rescued) I know I would eventually break down and return and buy it! I simply don't have the money for any more toys right now! I already found a tintop Samurai I might get that I can't afford, so I certainly don't want to find a JEEP I want!!! [img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 10:47 AM
Enthusiast

I think I've beaten my addition to buying more projects. So don't worry, there is hope for you. I've even gotten rid of some of mine. It feels good to know that someone is taking care of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode