4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers - Free shipping rip-off - Page 3 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers - Free shipping rip-off

Well here is four wheel parts response. I just got home from the hospital so I am just able to post this.

Dear Mr. Masters,

I must say that I do agree that $9.00 is an excessive amount for handling. I just spent some time reviewing the site and was not able to find a Bikini Top with a handling charge for more than $6.00. Could you please let me know what part number you were looking at.

Let me explain how the free freight policy works. We have ALWAYS had 2 sets of charges for all orders placed via the Internet. "Shipping" is the first charge and is what we would pay a third party to pick up your parts from us and deliver them to you. The second is a "Handling Charge" which is based on the amount of internal "handling" necessary to prepare the item(s) to ship. We are in fact not charging for "Shipping" and the handling charges are made very plain in the check out process. We are not hiding anything. Most items that are able to go UPS have a handling charge of $6-$10 and items that must be shipped via truck are $25-$50. I can see that if you ordered a bikini top and had to pay $5 for handling that you would feel the we are trying to trick you. On the other side if you order 10 or even 100 bikini tops the handling charge would not change 1 penny. This is because it is a handling charge not a shipping charge.

Is there anything that I can do to restore your confidence in 4 Wheel Parts? Let me know.

Best Regards
Greg Adler

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ordered a pair of Rocker Guards from them last week, got the suprise 6 dollar handling charge, but the price on the guards was good enough to ignore it. Problem: My card has been charges as of day one, but it has been over a week and I have no parts. Call customer service and nobody answers. I actually let the speakerphone sit on hold for over 30 minutes while I did other things. When I order directly from their store in Orlando, FL. I usually have the parts within a day or two, but have to pay nominal shipping charges. The guys there have been great to work with, they even kept the shop open while I drove up to pick up my tires. Just wish the website would do the same!
post #23 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:50 AM

I have never been charged a handling charge on any orders I have placed with any other company, only shipping. Those guys at 4 wheel wholesalers are screwing themselves out of a lot of business in my opinion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of (permalink) Old 10-14-2002, 10:21 PM

Thats total BS. I don't have another catalog handy but i'll bet from Q'tec or 4Wheel Drive hardware you pay for the bikini and then $5.95 for shippin and thats it.
The thing about 4WP and Summit is Summit lets you know of a handling charge up front and urges you to order anything and everything in one sitting as to not occur the same handling charge over. 4WP however doesn't even tell you in the beginning. 4WP the company is crap. We have a store here in Memphis and there are some pretty good guys that work at the store. They started up Truck Night weekly at Hooters with 1/2 off wings and $1.50 longnecks. Everynow and then they give out discount coupons and what not. But i think it is the individuals that work at the Memphis store that do this cause to me it is not indicicative of most of 4WPs business practices.

Bottom line, 4WPW sucks.
post #25 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 12:01 AM

I have never had a problem with them, but I aoso go through the show room instead of mail order. I found a place on the internet that had Optima yellow tops for 129.99. They matched the price down from thier 179.99. They have also givcen me "discounts" just for asking.
TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode