Anybody need Full-Size Jeep parts? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 06:38 AM Thread Starter

Anybody need Full-Size Jeep parts?

I'm putting together a list of Full-Size Jeep parts that people need so I can get a package deal at the local 'yard and everyone can get their parts cheaper. There are two '80s Grand Wagoneers, 2 '70s Cherokees, and 1 '80s J10 (six-cyl drivetrain).

Big parts left are...
Engines- 1 258, 1 AMC V-8 (I haven't been able to get a close enough look to determine which size it is, and the 'yard hasn't tinkered with it to see if it runs yet)
Transmissions- 2 TH-400s, 1 T-176, 1 TF-727
Transfer-cases- 1 BW-1339 (no low range), 1 NP-208, 1 NP-229 or 228 (not sure which)
Axles- 2 sets of '80s GW axles. D44 front AMC 20 rear. (I think both of them have the vacuum front axle though [img]images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] ), 1 '80s wide-track D44 front from a J-10, 1 set of '70s D44 axles (off-set rear axle for QT)

Then there are the assorted sets of rims, driveshafts, body-panels, and small parts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Anybody need Full-Size Jeep parts?

I would also like some grey seats, and if they have one an NP203 transfer case from a Chevy. I would be interested in a front Dana44 axle, but shipping from Tampa to Wisconsin would be horrible. But if you can think of anything cheaper... [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] So these are items from just fullsize jeeps and not short wheelbase? An AMC V-8 would be wonderful as well (despite what size it is), but once again, the shipping. Let me know man. Thanks!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Man, I sure would like a rear D44, but I am in the same boat, shipping to VT would probably not be worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-08-2002, 11:17 AM
BMB
Veteran

How soon are you doing this? I may need some smaller axle parts if they are ging to be parted out and they should be small enough to ship without too much difficulty.

BMB
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

I might be picking up the first vehicle to part out this weekend. It's a chop-top '79 Cherokee Wide-Trac, but most of the big parts are spoken for. There is still the TH-400 in good condition that nobody has claimed yet. If nobody makes me an offer I'll be putting it up on E-Bay.

The next vehichle I'm looking at getting is the '78 Cherokee S.

What sort of axle parts do you want?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Official Historian

If shipping isn't terribly high, would you send me the quadratrac for the price of shipping?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

The Quadra-Trac from the '79 is already spoken for. I don't know the condition of the Quadra-Trac in the '78, but it's only a single-speed.

The trucks are in the junkyard, and I'm finding people who want parts off of them until there are enough parts requests to strip an entire truck. The junkyard gives me a package deal so actually I can get the whole truck for less than what the cost of the axles, transmission, and x-case (no engines in these two) would be seperately.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-09-2002, 09:13 PM
Official Historian

Single speed is fine too. Just don't make any special trips for me though. That's only if you end up with it laying around and get tired of tripping over it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode