New England hot spots? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

New England hot spots?

I just got another Jeep, and a bunch of my fellow Jeeper buddies and I are looking for more places to go wheeling in New England. I've been going to the local sand pits and power lines, just screwing around for the past couple years, but never any real trails or anything. I'd love to join a club, but I'm the only one who isn't under 18, so it makes it a little hard to leave the other guys behind, and most are new to the whole thing. I'm just looking for more places to work on honing my skills, and maybe drag a couple people with me.......any replies would be great. I'm in southern MA but I have a house on Lake Winni in NH so I'm up there a lot too, so anything that can be suggested would be great.

Thanks,
Jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 01:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: New England hot spots?

Try the following link:

http://www.northeastonlinewheelers.org/index.html
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 01:45 PM

George Washington State Park.

It's in the Northwest Corner of RI. Right by Conn and Mass.

Great place. I just joined a club in the area, and went there with one of the members.

If your looking for a club,
www.tnt-offroad.net

Doesn't matter that your under 18.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 03:09 PM

Just a note of caution - it is illegal to four wheel ANYWHERE in NH on private land without WRITTEN landowner permission. Lots of trails around me have been shut down because the landowners are cracking down. If you get caught, they'll make you drive your rig to the road and impound it. It has happened to a few people I know, not a fun situation. The fines were pretty steep. Run in NH at your own risk, but please do not post directions or trail names in NH in public, use private messages.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 05:59 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Same thing in Maine, there are not a lot of trails up here, but no one posts them anyway, it's bad form. By the time you actually get to decent wheeling ground in Maine you've been driving for 2 days and your tires are worn out. I swear this is why most people move here, it's too much like work to return home.

There are a few in Western MA that are legal, out above Springfield, but nothing I know of in Eastern MA, sorry.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-19-2002, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input guys. I'm ready and willing to drive anywhere, just as long as i can make it there, wheel, and get home (assuming nothing's broken) in a weekend. I love to wheel but I gotta say that driving through the same sand pits every weekend gets a little monotonous, not too much that you can really do except climb a hill or two, run throuh a mud pit, or flex on something. I'm going to check in with a few clubs and see about attending a run or two. Oh and if anyone wants to PM me with some traisl they don't want posted, feel free!

Thanks again,
Jay
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2002, 07:39 PM

Theres the pits out behind the old elks clud in Hanover on rt 53 across from starland and the cops don't care. Theres a new trail in the woods that someone opened up with lots of articulating but its not too long though. Theres 2 good mud holes in there that ok. I just went 3 weeks ago to another pit in Pembroke by stop and shop supermarket, its out behind the hospital on that side road to the left of the store. My 89 jeep is still down with a blown rear spider gears and slave cylinder. I will be at the car show in Brockton this Sunday at the fairgrounds with my dodge ram if you want to meet up.
I sent you a reply to your pm about the pits by ups in Brockton too...
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-22-2002, 05:33 AM
I Do This For The Glory

Did you check out www.neow.org, it's a local New England BBS with some great folks on it. We organize runs all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode