BDS 2" YJ Lift - Opinions Please - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 11:23 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

BDS 2\" YJ Lift - Opinions Please

I`m looking at the BDS Leaf Springs.. the YJ springs are Military Wrap, and the guy I spoke with said all BDS springs are military wrapped....

Is the BDS 2" YJ Spring a good spring to swap in? I am SOA, and putting in my new FOrd 8.8 and wanted to fix my old saggy spring problems...

Will the BDS 2" spring flex nicely or is it very rigid and stiff?

thnX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 10:30 AM

Re: BDS 2\" YJ Lift - Opinions Please

I have a buddy with 4" BDS on this YJ, and he has nothing but problems. They are very stiff at first, sag unevenly, and have very limited ariculation. I would go with Old Man Emu.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2002, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Hrm.. anyone else have bad expierences?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 09:52 AM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Anyone?
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 01:03 PM

I have 2.5" BDS YJ springs on my YJ in the SOA position. I done some calling around and even called the BDS tech line before buying them. I wanted to know if I used them SOA if it would void the warranty and such. The guy said no problem. I guess they really do mean "No questions asked"!! I had a local Jeep guru and differential guy tell me to use them.(Dick Curtis-Sweet Swamp) That is what he has on his CJ 2.5"SOA with 38.5" SX's and he pounds the crap out of his and they held up. So I was sold.
I havent gotten to flex mine yet since I am still building but I have no doubts they will do fine. They look to be very well made. The only thing I did when I put them on was pull the center pin and turn it over. And if they do sag unevenly I will just take them back to the local shop I bought them and get them replaced. I gave $65 per spring for the 2.5", the 4" YJ springs are just a bit higher. Hope this helps, Wade
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Thanks that does help.
You convinced me to go ahead on my BDS Purchase.

I will ask the shop i`m buying them from about returns since they are GUARANTEED. The price is GREAT.

The guy who has the 2.5" with 38's does he have pics online? He must have done some trimming too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

4" on SOA is WAY to big .. unless I was going to run HUGE-TIRES but.. I`m staying with 35's [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

thnX
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 02:40 PM

I have the 3.5" YJ springs on my CJ. I am very pleased with the flex, ride, and warrenty. I think mine flex great, and I got more than 3.5". It was real high at first, but they all settled in nicely. I am sure OME are great springs, but I will NEVER spend that much on springs only to abuse them and possibly bend them, then have to spend that money again to replace them. BDS, "No small print warrenty."
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

Ya I LOVE the price on the BDS, the OME are about 2x as much and I can't afford that... I`m glad everyone was pleased with their BDS springs [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Now I can get some and not worry... hoping ;-)

Their warranty is great too so that's another PLUS!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 03:18 PM
Veteran

The bds are by far the best springs. go to www.webejpn.com the yellow jeep and red jeep both SOA have the springs and you will see that they flex well. I have never heard of anyproblems with them and all my friends are running them also. Mike
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-15-2002, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Old Hand

I e-mailed the guy I`m buying my ARB and Gears from and I asked if he carried BDS Springs.. he replys and says they don't carry BDS, as they "cater to more of a hardcore group of people".

Is it just me or does that not make any sense... I mean you can be "hardcore" with anything.. some things may bust and not work.. but "being hardcore" seems to not matter on what brand..

Maybe he meant to say "We cator to more of the products run in the competing hardcore jeeps"..

I don't know.. thought that was kind of funny..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode