2.5" spring lift, what else is needed? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 03:28 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

2.5\" spring lift, what else is needed?

I'm new to this JEEP thing and recently bought a bone stock '93 YJ. The first order of business is to lift her about 2.5" and put some bigger rubber on it. I see that Pro-Comp sells a 2.5" spring lift with shocks but doesn't include any of the other stuff usually associated with the bigger lifts (track bar relo, sway bar connects, t-case lowering). For a YJ with just a 2.5" lift, is none of this needed? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Official Historian

Re: 2.5\" spring lift, what else is needed?

As LEVE will tell you, read the top post.

I have pro-crap springs on mine. I and others will tell you to avoid pro-crap. They ride very rough.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 05:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have a 2 1/2 ProComp kit on my 93 YJ. It rides ok but I am comparing it to the 4" lift on my 78 CJ5 (anything will feel like a better ride) and my 01 TJ. (I do not expect leaf springs to ride better than coil.) My kit came with everyting that I needed (including shocks) from Central Four Wheel Drive. Only the front brake line relocate hangers did not work.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that the nay sayers are off base. I needed new springs to replace two bent ones and that kit was priced right and available without having to wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 06:22 PM
Old Hand

Wheel it and see how you like it, and then whatever needs upgrading upgrade it... don't just upgrade something because you want it to look pretty or "think" you need it.. if you keep doing this you will end up spending more money in the long run... Wheel it, find out what it needs then get it.. wheel it... break it upgrade it.. that's how ya should do it

As far as pro-comp goes everyone I have talked to that has used pro-comp said they ride stiff, very stiff.....

This is a SWB Jeep forum.. asking "what else" is like asking a kid if he wants anything from the candy store...

Depending on the wheeling you do depends on what you "need".

Wheel it, enjoy it, take lots of pictures, and find out what you need...

Don't forget to have fun and post the pics online [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 06:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard nothing but great things about the "Old Man Emu lift" I saw them at www.4wd.com

I have had 3 pro comp lifts I like them and love the warranty just do not buy The 9000 series shocks for on road use I have a 2000 Ram with double front kit 3" and love the ride (much better than the factory) I have the es3000 shock on it. I have had it off road a little and they do just fine for mild wheelin

Sheb

Sheb
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 12:09 AM

I recommend the Rubicon express extreme duty kits. Comes with all the trimmings. sway bar disconnects are a must. So are greaseable bushings.
when my ride gets stiff or squeaky, I shoot them bushings with grease and then it's back to riding smooth and silent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode