AMC Engine rebuild book - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 02:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

AMC Engine rebuild book

I am looking for a book that can explain the rebuild on an AMC 360. I am looking to rebuild an old AMC 360 and swap it into my CJ-7. I say one that is called "Mopar Jeep Engines". Is this a good source for me. I am looking for a basic instructional on engine rebuilding. This will be my first engine rebuild. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 02:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: AMC Engine rebuild book

My advice... visit the library. You should be able to find a few books on engine rebuilding that deal specifically with the AMC's. A lot of the information you'll need is universal though. After you hunt through the library, if you still need more specific info that engine, then look for a book that covers exactly what you need. The big thing here is that you're gonna spend at least $20 to $30 on each book you BUY, but you can borrow them for free. Trust me, if this is your first rebuild, there's gonna be a TON of misc. stuff that you didn't think you needed that will turn up, so your gonna need that cash for things other than books. Also, between the library and this forum, you've really got everything you need to build a great AMC V8, and build it right. When you get ready to start the project, talk to CJDave. He's a whiz with those things and he's got some great ideas on improving the oil system, etc. There are several guys here that have a great deal of experience with those motors, and that kind of experience is often much better than any book. Building an engine the right way sometimes takes a little longer, but it's worth it. You're on the right path though, researching it and finding you information before hand. Good luck, and happy Jeepin'!

-Spyder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode