Never got the 360 done. Need tranny and other. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Never got the 360 done. Need tranny and other.

Last year I was asking all kinds of questions about the 360 upgrade. Well the summer came and went and now I am back at school and have no 360. I kinda lost interest when the T18 I had didnt bolt up. So if anyone knows of a transmission I can get for cheep near VA that will bolt to the 360 and to a dana 300. Please let me know. I am on a budget so. I also dont feel like digging though the box of random bolts that should have all the 360 bolts in them. Is there anywhere where I can buy all the bolts needed, for the heads and everything. I also gave up on the roller rockers and need new regular ones. Where would be the best/cheepest place to get them. Thanks alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 07:03 AM

Re: Never got the 360 done. Need tranny and other

I know where there is a J truck with a t18 and I believe a NP203 or 208....whatever transfer case comes behind an 81 J truck. It's in Newport News, VA....I THINK that a dana 300 shares the same bolt pattern as that transfer case too....feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I wouldn't abandon the 360 though....

Alec
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 07:09 AM

Re: Never got the 360 done. Need tranny and other.

you can buy stock type rocker arms from autoone or oriellys, or napa.

I bout a couple years ago from the zone and they were about $8 each. ( ouch)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 08:49 AM

If you're looking for cheap I got a T150/dana20 you can swap in, plus driveshafts and everything else you'd need. And I mean cheap. Email me if your interested. ARP should have the bolts you need. I think 4wd Hardware sells bolt packages for AMC V8s, along with stamped rockers. Look in Jegs or Summit too for the rockers.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 09:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that the J truck T18 may have a long input shaft to deal with.

Good Luck!
Kriss
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 11:10 AM Thread Starter

I think that might be the T18 that I already have. It has long input shaft and like this adapterthing on the back. Looks like 300 will bolt up but then it has the wrong bolt pattern. I haven't abandoned the 360 at all cause I have all the parts bought and some work already done.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2002, 11:23 AM

About the '81 J-Truck T-18...

It will have the long input shaft to deal with since it came behind a 360 insted of a 258. The x-case will be an NP-208 which shares the same bolt pattern as the D-300, but the output shaft will be too big, as they used a Ford output shaft for this application.

If you've got a pre-80 J-Truck T-18 it would have the D-20 adapter on it, and the bolt pattern would not match your D-300.

An 80's J-Truck T-176 will probably be the cheapest tranny you can get that will bolt in between what you've got, but it's not the strongest thing out there and won't hold up to a big V-8 and a heavy right foot forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode