Warn Winch ???????? would it be worth anything - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Warn Winch ???????? would it be worth anything

I brothers father-in-law has a warn 8000lb winch that quit working. When they were using it they stoped to let the winch cool and thats when it went bang,and it won't work now. Is there a way to fix a warn winch. When they were useing it they were not over working it,if that makes a differance. What would it cost to fix ,and how much should I pay for a winch like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 02:13 PM

Re: Warn Winch ???????? would it be worth anything

Depends on lots of things.....
What winch was it? There are a whole bunch of different Warn 8k winches. Is it one of the old style tall ones or the new shorter ones?
What went bang? Like something bound up and broke or just quit working? Won't work like how? No motor no go, or motor goes but winch doesn't turn?

A new M8000 runs ~650.00+ shipping and mounting plate for the one with the roller fairlead.

Best regards

John
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 02:30 PM
jeepfiend

I wouldn't bother trying to fix it, I would just box it up and ship it to me. Send a PM and I can send you a money order for the shipping costs. Just kidding, unless you really want to. It would definitely be worth looking into for repair. Without more description it is difficult to say what failed. After checking the exterior for any signs of catasrophic failure, I would start at the motor or solenoids (if applicable) first and work your way into the system from there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 07:27 AM

I had 2 of my ramsey winches fixed, an old rep 6000, and my new 9500 platninum, they were both covered under warranty. It depends on what failed to be covered, the selinoids have a 1 year but the rest is usually limited lifetime warranty. The insides are basic so not much to worry about, the bang could have been the clutch ring disengaging due to it not being fully engaged and possibly just sheered the teeth on it only, I would try fixing it or at least get an estimate! www.warn.com > www.warn.com </a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode