What do I do?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

What do I do??

I'm looking at getting some new BFGoodrich 33" Muds on CJ5 wheels for about $400. There are 4 and have less than 100 miles on them. Problem is, my parents okayed me buying my AR 767s about a month ago, but are now deciding that if I can buy these tires that I can pay insurance every month, which is $100 a month. So should I go for the new tires because I want to build my Jeep up before going away to college next year? What do I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 10:09 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: What do I do??

1. Obey your parents...thier not trying to make your life a living hell. They are trying to raise a boy into a man. Help 'em out a little.
2. How much is your desire for a "built Jeep" worth to you? If it's worth $100 a month... well you've made your decision.
3. If it's not... you've still made a decision.
4. You're parents are right...if you can buy those tires you can, and should pay a pittance toward your insurance.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 10:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Judging by your screen name you've got a YJ, so just FYI the CJ5 wheels won't fit - wrong bolt pattern (See my earlier screwup regarding YJ bolt circles).

Your parents are right too - Insurance is your problem. I got the screws put to me real quick when I got my first real job, and I'm sure alot of others here did too. Maybe you can shop around and get a little better of a deal towards insurance as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 11:28 PM

Dude spaz you would have tires sitting on the side of your house for ever since you would beat around the bush and never decide and make/ buy a lift. Save your money untill you have enough for tires and a lift and gears and the whole works. Throw a lock right in there, get a winch, some skid plates, and a cage and wheel the piss out of it and do it all under the table. My rents usually don't know i'm getting something till i ask for the credit card or have already gotten the money out of the bank and am on my way to pick it up, but now that i pay for all my mods, repairs and gas they really don't care. Sometimes you gota bite the bullet.

BarrelRoll
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 12:52 AM
Carpal \'Tunnel

If you live where it may snow soon -- Get the rubber. Save up for the rims. Transfer the rubber to the rims when you can afford it. What's wrong with the rims you have? Are they aluminum?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode