good deal gets ****ay!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 07:19 PM
onetuffcj

good deal gets ****ay!!

I'll make this short, i bought a 48 willys in pieces and a 53 High hood with the front axle out on the spot a year agoe. The 48 is in awsome shape , just in a million pieces, $1,500.00 for both.He is a snowmobile racing friend, he said he lost intrest in the projects, just take them out of here type. I got 95% of the 48 and went back this spring for the 53. Well after 3 weeks from the original purchase he called and said he made a mistake and wanted to buy the 48 back.. I declined and let him know this is what i have been waiting for, deal is a deal. Well after this i found it appeared the following week in the paper after i purchased it and a lot of my jeep friends tried buying these jeeps. So i figure the previous owner is upset becouse he could have got good cash for these 2 jeeps.
So a year later he still owes me the front axle from the 53, my 48 windshield, a rollbar and misc. stuff. Claims he does not have it, well in last weeks Uncle Henrys the SCUM BAG is selling all these items in the antique section, not the jeep section. I'm so pissed should i bring it to his attention and watch him squirm? I definatly got a killer deal , but he put the price on it and i paid it, his loss, i have made the same mistake but did not screw anyone. What should i do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 07:24 PM

Re: good deal gets ****ay!!

if you gave him $$ and left with stuff, you pretty much got what your gonna get.

not to be harsh, it sounds like he isnt acting straight up.

BUT without a bill of sale, or a contract or somthing, cash=what you walked away with.

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 07:26 PM

Forget about the parts and forget about your friend. Sorry, but these people never change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 07:32 PM
onetuffcj

It just proves he is not a friend, me and my true friend have no money issues, he is just a piece of doo. His will come around some day. The windshield is what kills me, i need that bad...
I'll post some pics of the 48, spring over with wrangler springs.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2002, 11:45 AM
I Do This For The Glory

I'd bring it to his attention anyway. Make him squirm and then let him know he lied to you, lay the guilt on him.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 12:07 AM

It's not about the guilt, it's about giving the person the chance to do the right thing. From what you've said, guilt is probably the only way you'll get him to do the RIGHT thing. If you had a handshake deal, where I come from that still means something.

If he decides not to do the right thing, walk away, write off the parts and the "friend". You'll lose less sleep that way.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 01:30 AM

-snip-well in last weeks Uncle Henrys the SCUM BAG is selling all these items in the antique section, not the jeep section.-snip-

Have someone close to you respond to the ad (call) and arrange a time/place to "take a look a the windsheild". Go there with a few of your real friends and get what you already paid for. That's the way I'd deal with it.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 02:01 AM
MaineJeep

I think WC has a good idea. Once you can see the stuff and confront him on the lie, tell him you're now going to take the stuff and dare him to do something about it?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 04:18 AM

tell him you're now going to take the stuff and dare him to do something about it?
-------------------------------------------------------
That is when ego's get going and fists start flying. I saw a guy come close to getting his head bashed in with a wheel rim and the cops showing up ... over a go-cart. The guy showed up and started taking what he though was his. Not the smartest thing to do. Just let him know that you saw the add and if he wants to make things right ... great but if he wants to be an A$$ hole about it fine. Don't turn it into something bigger than it is. It's not worth going to jail for or getting killed.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2002, 07:56 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I agree with Brad, just walk away from it if he does not want to make it right. Life is too short. Think of the consequences if something happened and then your name and integrity would be smeared through out the papers and such. Your family lives with the humiliation and you live with it, over what, pieces of tin.

If you are here on this board, you are another man amoung men. Walk away from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode