Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: dana 300 making new noise
1. Humm... Farmerbobrainy. I'lll just call ya "Bob." I like the name, easily spelled forward and backward. Oh... is that with one "o", or two?
2. Welcome to the forum.
3. Please completley fill out your profile. It is a help to your fellow Jeepers.
4. Another alternative to tear down and rebuild is buying a used Dana300.
5. Then you can tear down and rebuild at your leisure and rotate transfercases when needed.
6. I do this with TF999's...
7. I've always got a fresh one stitting on the shelf for emergencies.
8. One day I'll do the same thing with:
a: Engines, and
b. Transfer Cases
9. Remembe where there's smoke there's fire.
10. Fix it now or Fix it later, but you will fix it.
11. Fix it later and it will cost you a whole lot more.
12. This problem ain't gonna go away - it's going to get worse.
13. IMHO... fix it ASAP.
14. Twin stick it while you're at it!
15. Now's the time to clock the little bugger.
16. Don't miss the opportunity. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]