many mod. questoins - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 02:08 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

many mod. questoins

okay i got hold of a 68 bronco thats been rear ended by something big frames bent and broken bodys trashed. i was thinking maybie useing the front end supension and all on my cj5, move it all foward about 5 inches. i'd also like to use the rear end any reason these mod wont work also what rear/front end do the old broncos 66-77 use are they any better then my amc20 and dana 30 any coments are welcome thank you. oh yea not real worried about street driveing as long as it gets me to the trail.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 09:22 AM
BMF

Re: many mod. questoins

I'm pretty sure the front axle will be a 44 with the small u-joints, the rear will be a 28 spline 9-inch. I would say stock for stock they're better axles. The best thing about them is that the front can be upgraded to 297 joints and the rear to a 31 spline quite easily. This setup would be much stronger than a stock 30/20! As to the suspension working, you can make anything work if you have the fabrication skills. It's definitely not a bolt on affair though.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 10:27 AM

If my memory serves me right, the front will be a Dana 30. Broncos changed to the 44 in 71 and the front pumpkin is on the wrong side(drivers). Sorry [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:43 PM

Coils in the front would be cool though it takes a lot of work. Ford used radious arm which i'm not sure how well they work or easy they are to addopt. The axles are either a d30 or 44 w/ small u-joints and the wrong side drop and the rear is probably a 9" w/ 28 spline shafts which are both not that desierable.

BarrelRoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode