Going to Disney OK, where can I find the trails? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Going to Disney OK, where can I find the trails?

I'm headed down to Disney with a friend of mine in a couple of Scramblers. We're not into rock crawling (for economic and rear overhang reasons) and are wondering where the dirt/mud trails are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Going to Disney OK, where can I find the trails?

theres lots of dirt and mud trails behind spillways 2 and 3. theres a seven foot bogg in the trails behind spillway 2. its crazy. hope you have a good time you shouldnt have too much trouble finding them. if you do just go ask people at hogans offroad park.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 10:35 AM
Official Historian

When are you going to Disney?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I was down their about a month ago and all the mud had dried up. I wouldn't worry about driving around down on the rocks. Most of it can be driven in a stock 4x4. Its good scenery anyways. You can drive around all the hard obsticles and if nothing else just sit there and watch others do it. Their is usually people down there on any given weekend. When are you going??? Im about fourty minutes away...... If you have trouble finding the dirt trails just stop someone on a 4-wheeler or dirt bike and they will point you in the right direction.... Have fun....
Im going to Hot Springs on Oct.12,13, suppose to be some good trails there..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Will, are you a member of the N.W. Arkansa Rock Crawlers?? I think I got that right.. That pic of your jeep looks familiar. I live in Noel MO. Are you going to Hot Spings next month????
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Official Historian

No, not yet. I've downloaded the membership form a couple of times and filled it out but haven't gotten around to dropping it off. My neighbor across the street is a member and the president this year stops over there a couple times a month.

What's going on in Hot Springs? I have been down there a couple of times and there are some good trails there. I was planning on stripping my suspension out next month and going to coils but I might postpone that if there is something in Hot Springs.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 04:45 PM
jeepfreak

There is a superlift event in Hot Springs on Oct 18th and 19th. I was planning on going to that. It would be cool if we could get a group together for the occasion. Whenever yall decided to go to Disney or Hot springs let me know. I've never been and it sounds like a blast. BTW are yall planning on going to rocktoberfest this year?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 03:07 AM

Ive had friends go down to disney every once in a while and i hear its one of the better places to go, ive just never gotten around to it, I dont think it would be that far of a drive since i live in neosho, If anybody goes soon put a post w/ pics i wanna see what im missing out on....
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2002, 07:49 AM
Official Historian

Fayetteville, Noel, Neosho, Rogers.... We need to have a trail ride somewhere since there's a few on here around NW AR/SW MO/NE OK/SE KS.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2002, 10:48 AM

Id love to get a group together for trail rides and a few mud slingin's every now and then, now if only there were a place we could all agree upon that neither one of us would have to travel too far incase our trail rig is well driven on the highway, like my cj5, its only got the t-150 so the top speed isnt great... and my xj isnt going anywhere yet.....
any ideas???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode