Jeeper killed in Clayton Ok. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 06:58 PM Thread Starter
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Jeeper killed in Clayton Ok.

I hope I'm not spreading a nasty rumor because I did not see this story myself but it was all the talk at work today. We live close to Clayton and try to keep up with what is going on there. Our TJ jeepchick at work was telling the story as she had seen it on the news. A 35 year old man was killed when he rolled his jeep at Clayton this past weekend. Sorry but there were not many details. I hope someone else saw this story and will tell us more about it. Prayers to this young man and his family.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Jeeper killed in Clayton Ok.

Prayers go out to his family and friends. EVERYONE, wear your seatbelts and invest in a cage if you plan on getting wicked with it!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A good friend of mine was killed last month when he rolled his jeep.No one knows what happend, he just rolled it on a straight road with no one around.We need to be careful at all times, especially if you got alot of lift like he had.I would hate for goverments to start regulating the way we modify our 4X4's because a few people were not careful with thier ride and lost thier lives.

RB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I did an online search of every OK newspaper that has a website, and there's a bunch, couldn't find anything. Hmm.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 09:36 PM

I have got a daily driver, stock 83 CJ-7 with a 3" body lift.. Eventually I do plan to make it a toy, but I feel that this is one of the safest vehicles I have ever owned.. I actually just had a near miss today on the way home from work when someone in the oncoming lane decided that there was enough room to turn left before I made it to the lights.. He was wrong.. I got hard on the brakes, and had to weave to the left a little to miss him, but I felt as in control, as I would have if it was a planned detour.. I didn't even trust my 89 Ford ranger (completely stock) that much...

It is funny that this thread came up just after I stated this same thing to a buddy of mine after the incident, but my condolences do got out to the family, and friends of the people mentioned above..

Just one last though.. My next major project after the engine swap is a full roll cage because as safe as it feels, you just never know..

Better safe then sorry..
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 10:25 PM

You still have to look at it this way. What other sport can say that when one person dies, it's big news?

This sport is so safe because of the precautions taken by owners that when one of our own dies, it is doubly incrediable. How many sports can say that.

Prayers to those who lost their lives.

Fritz
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 08:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

This happened yesterday a few miles from my house:

"Road conditions during a heavy downpour Tuesday morning are being blamed for the death of a New York man in a car accident, according to state police.

X was headed east on Sunshine Road around 11 a.m. when he lost control of his Toyota sport utility vehicle on the causeway at the end of Greenlaw Neck, Maine State Police Trooper Alden Bustard said Tuesday afternoon.

The Toyota went over the coping stones on the south side of the causeway, ejecting X before landing on its hood on the exposed mudflat, he said.

X was pronounced dead a short time later at Blue Hill Memorial Hospital in Blue Hill, according to police.

State police Sgt. Kelly Barbee said Tuesday that a dump truck driver saw the accident and believes X car hydroplaned on rainwater that had built up on the road surface during a heavy downpour. The truck driver told police he saw the Toyota veer out of control on a curve, vault into the air and flip end-over-end twice before crashing onto its hood. X was thrown from the car and landed about 30 feet away at the water’s edge, Barbee said.

Bustard said that it appeared X was not wearing a seat belt and that speed and alcohol were not considered factors in the wreck."

Always wear your seatbelt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 879470-090402floaterAfinal.jpg (22.6 KB, 0 views)
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 09:53 AM
Way Outta Control

Darn it People.... Learn and LIVE!

Seatblets + Full Cage = Live! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Drinking + Driving = Death, for you or someone else. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

<font color=red>Gezzzzzzzz... when are we all gonna learn?</font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 08:28 PM

I have always maintained that I have ABSOLUETLY NO TOLERANCE for drunk driving, or even driving with a little alcohol and my conviction was reinforced in a very bad way last week.

One of my closest friends got married in late June to one my wife's close friends. At the wedding, I got to know my friend's young nephew. Last week I learned that his nephew was struck by a drunk driver and killed. His nephew was WALKING TO SCHOOL!!!

Fritz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode