Off Roading Forums banner

Flat towing 94 Wrangler.

938 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
Any suggestions or hints for flat towing a 94 Wrangler YJ, 6 cyl, 5 spd, all stock? I already have my towbar mounted and I have the wiring completed, including diodes to eliminate the feedback through the turn signal circuits. What do I do with the transfer case and transmission, etc.?

#2 ·
I don't believe you need to do anything to the tranny or t-case. I know on CJ's with d300's you need to pull the driveshaft, but I think the np231 is ok. What are the diodes for the turn signals for? I didn't quite understand that part.

G
#3 ·
I spliced into the rear wiring harness of the Jeep just below the emergency brake by the front of the door with the wiring to the tow vehicle. When using the turn signals of the tow vehicle both sides of the Jeep would blink at the same time whether LH or RH. The circuits seem to be able to bridge through the turn signal wiring. On my 84 CJ I used to tow, I would un-plug the rear wiring harness from the main (just under the dash by the e-brake). The YJ didn't have this conveinent plug, so I added diodes so the current can only go to the rear lights and not back towards the rest of the harness. Cost $2.39 for 6amp diodes at Radio Shack and works great.

Do I put the transfer case in neutral and transmission in gear, or do both go in neutral?

Thanks,
Miklos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.