Anybody put fuel injection on a L-head 4cyl??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Anybody put fuel injection on a L-head 4cyl???

Well i am bored at work and weird thoughts circle inside my head. I was wondering if anyone ever put fuel injection ona flathead willys motor? That would be interesting. Not very practical, but something to give the guys with older rigs who want to stay semi-original, but run real steep inclines. Just a thought, withe the correct amount of $$$$ anything is possible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 10:13 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: Anybody put fuel injection on a L-head 4cyl???

Nope, I've never done it, nor heard of it being done. However, that doesn't mean it can't be done. I don't think it would be a hard project. The hardest part would be to engineer the fuel/demand curve into the Eprom.

It would be a fun project to design and gathter the parts. I'd think the Megasquirt would be the computer of choice an hook it up to a small GM Throttle body mounted on the intake manifold.

So, keep dreamin' and spendin' your money... and when it's perfected make a mint off the rest of us!

Good Idea! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 03:38 PM
I Do This For The Glory

Yep, it's been done. I read about it a few months ago in a magazine. My older brother wanted to do the same thing (he's wacked out as well [J/K Dan]), but now wants to be the first with a turbo L-head. He already has the turbo off a Saab 9000 to retrofit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Well.. i am glad i am not the only weird thinking person around [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img]
I would like to see a pic of that fuel injected L-head. That probabl would be the simplist motor to install in a jeep. And a utrbo Lhead would be nuts... but i am all for it. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 01:40 PM
Enthusiast

I would be happy to get the plans and parts list for that upgrade. TR was working on an HEI for me, but he has been AWOL for a while and I haven't heard how it is coming.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 04:54 PM
Nickmil

Sorry Jeepn,
Your brother would not be the first to have a turbo on an L-head. About 6 or 8 years ago a magazine article was done on a red flatfender with a turbo'd L-head. It was called "Whistling Willy's". don't remember what rag it was though.
On the fuel injection, An article was done on it several months ago. Seems like they used the small Holley Projection and had to build their own manifold adapter. I don't remember much more than that but it seems like it was in JP magazine. Nickmil.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode