Labor Day @ Summertown TN - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 08:37 AM Thread Starter

Labor Day @ Summertown TN

This weekend myself and others from Memphis went to Summertown TN for a weekend of wheelin at Wheelin In the Country. We had a great time. I broke my passenger side axle in the rear(D35c). A Toyota in our group layed his over on the same hill. Here are a couple of pics. The first is the hill that I broke on and that the Toy laid on.

This is my attempts on the hill. I made it over the ledge and heard a pop, back down nothin seemed wrong so I hit it a few more times.

And the aftermath.

Thats just me. But all the pics for the weekend can be seen at <a target="_blank" href=http://home.off-road.com/~mithrandir/trails/labor_day/index.html>http://home.off-road.com/~mithrandir/trails/labor_day/index.html</a>
Enjoy, and by the way the Blue TJ is mine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 10:58 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Labor Day @ Summertown TN

That is a bummer about the breakage. But it looks like a fun place to play. Did you have the spare parts to put you Jeep back together, or did you have to leave it there and go back later to fix it?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Re: Labor Day @ Summertown TN

I had both pass and driver side spare shafts. So i was able to fix it and stay on the trail for the rest of the day as well as the next two days. I used the Ziplock baggie trick to keep my gear oil and reuse it. The only set back that we got was the 2 hrs spent fixin it. Other than that everything was great.

The thing that was strange was that only the people who drove their rigs there are the ones that had problems. The trailered rigs didn't break anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode