Got the bug, off to Cedar City! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Got the bug, off to Cedar City!

Looks like my friend John Foutz (Jaffer) has that itch that you just keep trying to scratch, we're off to Cedar City weekend after next to compete in the ProRocks event there. John dragged me out of my brief retirement to spot again, wish us luck! [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Hopefully we can keep the damage under control like last time, just a bent tie rod and a scratch on the body, just need to finish higher to get into the Supercrawl in Oct. [img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 10:55 PM

Re: Got the bug, off to Cedar City!

Good luck guys!
Give em hell!

I know the feeling of the need to finish well.
I have one more event, at the end of Sept at Donner to finish in the top 10 and make the Supercrawl.

I hope you guys do great.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-02-2002, 11:22 PM

Good Luck, Brad, Jeff and John!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 03:31 AM

Yeah, right, Brad ... just a "scratch" ... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Brad did a great job spotting me at the NM event, non the less.
I began to realize he was actually "driving" the rig and I was just turning the wheel for him!
We communicate well and he knows where to put the tires.
We would have place a LOT better last go around except for a few newbie boo boos ... I thought my tie rod was tougher than a huge sandstone outcropping. The tie rod lost ... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
And we DQ'd two gates by clipping a cone and getting too close to an out of bounds ribbon. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
We were all but sunk when on the next to last gate The Princess slipped sideways into a V shaped waterfall...[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]... just when it looked like we had made up it free and clear.
But, our enthusiasm is undimenished! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
It fealt great to be in on the action instead of on sidelines.
Here's a pic of Brad and The Princess ... with the points leading Currie entry in the back ground ...

When ya plays ... yas gotts ta pays ...

Which us luck! ... and yeah ... no hood required ... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 09:47 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well I may just have to head up the road and cheer for you! Would make a great family outing and get me in the right frame of mind for the RCAA event the week following. GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 11:31 AM

Don't forget that Pro-Rock is going back to back in Cedar City that week, with the Women's Championships Sept 11-12 and the UT Champs the 14-15th.
Some folks will be there all week long ...
It's a great spectator's area with all gates in a very condensed area around two close by outcroppings. The weather has cooled (thank goodness) so I'd suggest everyone come over to UTAH if they can. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode