Ahh, my brake lights dont work!!!Help!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ahh, my brake lights dont work!!!Help!!

Ok, my brake lights dont work. No it aint the bulbs. But, I have checked the power going to them, and there is no power. What would cause this? Could I get a replacement?
Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 10:37 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Ahh, my brake lights dont work!!!Help!!

Turns? Parking lights? 4 ways??

......or just brakes???

(visions of a ball rolling down the other end of the court where mulitple half court games are going on) ' little help?!?!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 07:53 AM

Have you checked the fuses?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 09:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Its just the brake lights doing this. Everything else works. And, the fuses are fine, well at least all of them that I could find! The guy that had the jeep before me messed up all of the wires, and the fuses are not all in one place, man I hate that!!
Thanks,
Chris
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:30 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Okay ..well at least it's isolated to the brake light circuit. JUST SO WE'RE ON THE SAME PAGE ...all the rear lights work (turn, park, 4 way) ..JUST the brake lights don't work, correct? Check the switch since we're dwelling in the realm of the obvious (you didn't mention that you did this ..so...). If you're lucky that's all it is. That shouldn't be more than a couple of bucks.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 12:08 PM
47WillysCJ2A

I had a similar problem in which no brake lights or turnsignals in my CJ2A. The previous owner took it to a supposed mechanic to have fixed and the result was two fuse boxes a lot of loose wires and still no turnsignals. After looking at the mess I finally decided to rewire it myself. I got a harness from Centech Wire http://www.centechwire.com and just finished installing it. I must say that it was the best $260.00 I've spent in years. Everything is color coded and labled and the directions are easy to follow. My kit was the GV-10 which had more than I needed for my Willys. I found later that I could have gotten by with the GV-6 which is a more basic setup. Just a thought that if your wires are messed up it may be worth while to just fix it right and prevent other problems later down the road
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks GeeAee(did I get it right?)I will check that tomorrow after I do some maintince on the hubs. I would just check that with a circuit tester. yes, it is just the brake lights. I just want to get this fixed before I get a ticket or get into a wreck. And thanks 47, Thats an idea, but, I dont have the time right now to re-wire everything, I wish I did though.
Thanks,
Chris
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 11:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

It's Gary, actually ..my initials are GA ..but too many people called me "gay"[img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] for its phonetic spelling (there are some liablities to elctronic speak[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]) ..hence the spelling GeeAea ....[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ..[side note = now for those of you who may engage in "alternative lifestyles" ...its okay ..its all right ....whatever gets you through the night.. far be it from me to judge how another man rubs his rhubarb ....just don't drink out of my cup [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ]

Yeah, you should be able to get the pointy thingie in to the wiring on the connector. If not just get a piece of wire and unplug the switch and jump out the connector and see if the brake lights come on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode