Scrambler for sale in central NJ, $6500 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2002, 06:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Scrambler for sale in central NJ, $6500

1981 CJ8 Scrambler for $6500, firm. 45,000 on drivetrain. It's spent it's entire life in the south until I moved to NJ in June.

Body & Exterior: Very straight. A small dent behind the passenger side door (poor deer), four 1/2" bubbles in rear quarter panel and a small area of paint chipped on the driver's door jam. Other than that, the paint is bright and beautiful. All accessories are stainless. Rhino lined. No rust under vehicle. Custom grill guard. Class III hitch and properly wired four pin pigtail. 48" Hi-Jack mounted on bumper. 1/2 hardtop. Full harddoors need keys and paint to match body (they're black). New black 1/2 softop (with tinted rear window) and softdoors (with removable top half). All soft gear in excellent condition.

Interior: Custom dash with Autometer gauges. The fuel gauge doesn't match the ohms scale of the sender, so it reads half full when empty. The background light on the mechanical oil gauge burned out recently. Tan aftermarket seats in good condition. New retractable lap belts. Tan Tuffy console (with stereo compartment). 10 year old Alpine stereo stopped working a month ago, but it's all there. Emergency brake unhooked. Everything else works properly.

Drivetrain: Chevy 350 (ZZ3) w/ aluminum headers and an Edelbrock Performer 600 ontop an aluminum intake. Clark 5 spd dumptruck tranny and D300 T-case. 1-pc rear axles with welded external tubes. 3.73 gears and ARB locker in rear.

Comments: The ARB compressor doesn't operate and I was told it's the relay. The transmission has a fresh rebuild and warranty for another 6 months. A dampened Borgenson steering shaft was added several months ago, along with a front end alignment. The 35" BFG AT KOs have less than 1000 miles on them. This vehicle benefits from frequent use as I drive it from 2 to 5 times a week. Drives well on any surface and can safely maintain 70 to 80 on the highway. Then engine runs extremely smooth and the tranny shifts as you would expect any other 15 ton dump tranny to do. This is a bulletproof offroad vehicle that can (and does) operate as a daily driver.

I believe that this post provides enough information to make a decision on whether you want to see it in person or not. If you are seriously considering this vehicle, please contact me at [email protected] Thanks for reading my post.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 12:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Scrambler for sale in central NJ, $6500

[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-01-2002, 02:23 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: Scrambler for sale in central NJ, $6500

1. Hey Joker, please fill out your profile.
2. Welcome to the fourm.
3. I'll bump this to the top again for you.
4. Hope you sell it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode