new bbs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 12:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

new bbs

Hay Jeep bro's am I the only one who isnt real fond of this new format BRING BACK THE OLD!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 02:08 AM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: new bbs

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Actually Ed, you will find this so darn much better that you will soon be trading mountains of tacos just to log on. Like so many things, it takes some time to learn, but it has a lot of well thought out features that make it a pleasure to use.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Just give yourself a few days, you'll be fine.[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CJDave
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 02:16 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I hated it when it first changed also, but after working with it for awhile, it is much easier to track replies, an it is cool that you can customize so many things to your own tastes. Use the new system for awhile and you will like it as much as the rest of us.

<font color=red>Mike H.</font color=red>
<font color=blue>1983 CJ-7 Laredo</font color=blue>
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]o[[[[o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 12:08 PM

Just to make sure the logon thing isn't a problem, make sure you don't log out... and when you are on a page, you'll see the login button, right click it, push Add to favorites. What I did, is put that in my favorites, and then click on that and it automatically logs me in. By the way, I sort of liked this new BBS the first time I used it due to all the different things that can be customized. The more I mess around with what it does/can do, the more I like it. [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img] '79 GMC Suburban 4x4 and '85 GMC S15 4x4
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 12:33 PM
TEX

<font color=purple> I have to agree. Hated the change, but love it now. Way easier to track replies - and where they originated in reference to the original post. Lots more stuff you can do here - like the profiles & moonguys [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img]! It'll grow on ya. Give it a chance. </font color=purple>

TEX

[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-05-1999, 12:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I like the new format too, like the private and the posts all in a row instead of backing out all the time.
Also you can get an email on posts, that's cool. However there isn't nearly as much traffic on the new
compared to the old. At least it seems that way. MAybe folks don't want to have to used uder id and
password (though i don't even know what mine is).

PAnther

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode