Fenderwell Headers on a cj7 350 chevy question? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Fenderwell Headers on a cj7 350 chevy question?

I have a 1980 cj7 with a 350 chevy. When I did the conversion I installed block hugger headers and ran inside the frame rail. I don't like it because it is packed between the frame rails. I was wanting to know if anyone that has fender well headers could tell me the distance from the center of the motor mount to the firewall, and what brand of headers you have. I don't want to order headers if they aren't going to fit. Also, did you have any other problems than the fender wells in the way?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 06:03 PM

Re: Fenderwell Headers on a cj7 350 chevy question?

I just saw a jeep with headers that came out the fender well and his were getting chewed up from the tires, but he just put the jeep back together with a 350 and a th350 and a dana 300 with scout axles,he told me that he will have to move the motor back 4", he said that he just used the stock holes for the T-case and mounted every thing else in front of that. He has both types of headers but the block hugger type hits the front diff. when the scout axle was used. He loves the fender headers,he orederd them from an off-road catalog for $150.00.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ran Heddman fenderwell headers on my 7. The 350 was located as far back in the frame as the tub would allow
(the distributer is within .75 inch from firewall).With a one piece fiberglass front clip that tips forward a fair amount of inner fender well trimmimg was necessary .I
replaced mine with heddman blockhuggers for two reasons.
First the collector is right behind the tire and all the
mud,water and goo you travel through is flung up onto them
promoting their rust thru.Then there is the ground clearance issue with the muffler hanging under the rocker
just waiting to grab something and tear itself off. On the
up side the look and sound was very cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2002, 10:37 PM

I used headman as well. I got the from advance adapters with my bell housing. They were 150 as well, but I didnt like them. Too loud, and the fumes go right inside the jeep. I drive mine daily, si they had to go.

TJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode