Balanced tires with BB's - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Balanced tires with BB\'s

i Heard a lot about balancing my tires with bb's. i was considering using them for my tires. Does anyone Know of some concerns that may help me consider staying away from this idea? Or does anyone have comments about why i should do it? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:11 PM
thejunker

Re: Balanced tires with BB\'s

I think the sand like compound is better suited for balancing. Call me crazy, but the thought of a tire exploding while spinning at 60 MPH filled with BB's does not sound like a good idea...

my $0.02
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sand eh? it does sound like a much safer idea. but does it work as good as bb's? but the chance of a blowout at that speed is still unlikely, but a blowout is still as dangerous. i was talking to a guy about him having a blowout with bbs in the tires and they still didn't go anywere far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:20 PM
thejunker

There was an article about the sand stuff in either JP, Petersons, or FourWheeler, in the last 2 months. Sorry to make you chase through 6 magazines, but thats all I remember. If I find the issue when I get home I will post the mag/month info. They were extremely impressed with the results, as I remember.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks, well i will try the sand thing and ill report back about how it went. thanks for the help.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 04:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

well that would be great if you can tell me where that article is.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Mud in my Veins

Elusive has BBs in his 39" Swampers. Rode pretty good I thought.... made a wild sound when he stopped too!
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 05:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I gotem in my Izuzu project's tires.I couldnt keep wieghts on it at all(bent wheel).The beads work alot better.It will still bounce a little when your goin slow but will even out when you speed up.They even worked to balance out some Thornbirds.

RB
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Keyboard Implanted

please people... doyou really think that a swamper with a 1" thick sidewall is going to explode???? really.. if it does explode.... how much pressure do you keep in your swampers??? 1500psi?? lets not forget that there would be nothing to channel the energy either... I have never heard of a swamper blowing out....not ever...sure we cut holes, tear off lugs, and roll them off the bead.....anyway... I have bb's in my swampers that are on beadlocks... before the bb's... i couldnt drive it on the road at all... now I can. i have heard the sand is pricey, and it clumps when it gets wet....my oba still puts out a little oil, so thats deffinately out for me...
sure the bb's make a little noise when you stop...so what....
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 08:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thats what i thought but i was never sure. and i kind of want the sound of the bb's when i stop. im going to try the bb's which i was planing first of all. but thanks for the outlook.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode