some help and questions please. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-26-2002, 11:55 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

some help and questions please.

Ok i'm rebuilding a 81 CJ 7, i'm taking out a GM crate 350, SM 465, NP 205, some one had put in it. so if you wana buy it lemme know via E-mail.
i'm putting in it a 258 from an 84. what i need are the motor mount brackets, the ones with the 3 bolt holes to bolt to the engine then to the motor mounts. and not a junk yard one has them around here or they wana sell the hole engine with them.
so, might any of you have them lying around, or know where i can buy new/used ones.
second,
locker in the front or the rear.?
Rear- bad tire wear, chirp tires, harder on driver train, hardly ever need 4x4.
Front- not hard on drive train, hard to turn, pulles up hills better than can be pushed up them, realy bad driving on slick roads.(i think) in the winter time.
anyhow please some insite would be Great
thank you
HR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 06:26 AM

Re: some help and questions please.

Welcome to the board, please fill out your profile completely.

1.) Can't help you on the MM plates. All I have are the frame side of the mounts.
2.) Why are you taking out the 350? It's a great swap, you're now halfway to 1 ton running gear.
3.) Locker in the rear. That's where the weight is shifted while climbing, so you wouldn't want it in the front only.

Hope some of this helps.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 06:46 AM
Keyboard Implanted

I agree, the best thing to do is to fill out your profile. What you are taking out of your Jeep is pretty much exactly what I am looking to put into mine. I would be interested without a dought if you are anywhere near me. I would like to email you on the subject, but I don't see your address here.

With the motor mounts. Check 4WD hardware. www.4wd.com if you can't find them there, you may try www.thinkjeep.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 10:50 AM

I have a set of motor mounts from a 86 CJ7 I'd be willing to sell. let me know if your intrested and I agree lock the rear first [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 03:15 PM
Keyboard Implanted

BTT, on the off chance that I could actually get there and pick up that package I don't want to lose this post. Sure would be nice to get everything all at once.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Journeyman

Where are you located and how much would you want for everything? Is the engine fuel injected? Thanks, Andy
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 02:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

ok sorry for the trouble guys, found some mounts. on an old junk jeep out in the middle of no where. anyhow.
The 350 is an 85 style, 2 piece rear main seal. and i live in Flagstaff AZ. the hole thing huh. motor, tranny, t-case.
i don't realy know what it's worth. the engine is a GM crate motor with 30-32000 miles on it. i'm also taking off the full wideth chevy alxes. GM 12 in the rear locked ( welded i think) GM 10 bolt (dana 44) front. it's a nice looking jeep but not what i want. so i'm taking it back to stock. i think, not sure though, but some one might want the axles in a trade for a good 20 or 44 rear, and good 30 front. matching gears. jsutg a trade i know these are worth more but i don't need nuthing eles. i think it's a fair trade.
so price. hum... i don't know lememe know your ideas.
feel free to call me anytime.
928-380-8123 ask for HR.
Thank you
HR.
if the link works here is a pic of it.
http://www.azvjc.org/Scripts/Thumb.a...0242919419.jpg
if not then go to
www.azvjc.org then click on galleries and look up HR Goodrich and you can see what i have and what i'm going for.
http://www.azvjc.org/Scripts/Thumb.a...2429194039.jpg
http://www.azvjc.org/Scripts/Thumb.a...2429194128.jpg
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2002, 08:43 AM

I have a d30 3.13's with a set of 3.31 gears for it and a m20 with 3.31s in it. I'll have them out of the jeep in a month or so if you intrested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode