Join Date: May 2001
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, based on the feedback from my earlier post, and some research, I think I'm going to put a 350 in the CJ this winter. The idea is to get something more reliable that I can feel comfortable about driving out west and back (I just don't have that kind of confidence in my current mill) and while I'm at it a little more power. So my plan so far is as follows, thoughts and comments are welcome/encouraged:
1) Base is a Base GM crate, I can get this locally for about $1500 (250 HP)
<a target="_blank" href=http://sallee-chevrolet.com/ChevySmallBlockV8s/gen350.html>http://sallee-chevrolet.com/ChevySmallBlockV8s/gen350.html</a>
2) Will junkyard for brackets, distributor (non-HEI, I have an MSD), and stuff. Assume that stock exhaust manifolds will be OK?
3) Will be putting V-belts on it (what can I say, I like simplicity).
4) Will be putting a Q-Jet on it (what CFM?)
5) Already have a line on an NV4500/Chevy bellhousing/clutch assembly
6) Already have a line on motor-mounts.
7) Have a new 3 core radiator, figured I would at least try that before I move up the road with cooling.
8) Need Harmonic balancer and flywheel
So what have I missed?