Wrangler Rubicon prices... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Wrangler Rubicon prices...

July 23rd, 2002 - (Note: All pricing information is in US Dollars. Canadian Information has not yet been released) The Rubicon name isn't just for a Class 10 off-road trail anymore ? it's also what the Jeep® brand is calling their ultimate off-road rig. With production beginning next month, the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model features Tru-Lok® locking front and rear differentials, front and rear Dana 44 axles and a Rock-Trac® 4:1 low range transfer case - all starting at $24,995, which includes destination. While its beefy off-road tires and diamond plate sill protectors hint at the tremendous capability of the 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, it's the underpinnings that make it worthy of wearing the Rubicon name.

"The Jeep brand invented the 4x4 category more than six decades ago, and today the Jeep brand announces an incredible price for what will be the most capable Jeep on the planet," said Jeff Bell, Vice President, Jeep Marketing. "In fact, we have already received more than 3300 orders before any pricing was announced ? a testament to the strong enthusiast following the brand has always had."

The Jeep brand is the only original equipment manufacturer offering this combination of traction, maneuverability and versatility. Jeep Wrangler Rubicon's trail proven traction is a result of the front and rear locking axles, 4:1 transfer case and 31-inch tall MT/R tires. Compact, nimble handling and a tight turning circle help Jeep Wrangler Rubicon maneuver through the toughest of trails. Jeep Wrangler is the only true 4x4 convertible with removable doors, fold down windshield and hose-out interior for the ultimate in versatility.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon is covered by DaimlerChrysler's industry-leading seven year/70,000-mile limited powertrain warranty. The warranty, which is fully transferable to subsequent owners at no extra cost, covers components including engines, transmissions/transaxles, transfercases and axles.

The Rubicon model is a limited production vehicle with 8,000 units planned for the 2003 model year.

The Jeep Wrangler Rubicon model will be sold only in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Sold in 100 countries around the world, Jeep Wrangler is available in right- and left-hand drive versions. All Jeep Wranglers are built at DaimlerChrysler's Toledo (Ohio) Stickney Avenue assembly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone want to buy my CJ? It has d44's and all the works! I am going to need money for a down payment!!

Alec
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 06:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Wrangler Rubicon prices...

Too bad the dealers are going to add about 5k to any Rubicon not already snatched up.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 10:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Hope this doesn't turn into a PT Cruiser nightmare!! Those suckers were jacking the prices SOOOO high on those cause it was harder than hell to get your hands on one. I'm VERY surprised by the price, though. Not bad at all! God I love Jeeps!!!!....even if they're German now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-31-2002, 11:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i was told by a jeep engineer himself that the canadian price of the rubicon was 37,000$ damn too bad i didn't have that laying around. but i heard that in 2006 the rubicon will have a 6 speed transmission for the even lower first gear. so this is one crazy crawler!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 10:27 AM

2006? That puts to rest a lot of fears that this would end the wrangler line. 6spd? That'd be the day, i'd love to see that. Thanks for the info, did the engineer hint that any other changes would be coming up?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 11:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I ordered mine back in June and just got the final paperwork completed. I paid just about 31,000 fully loaded with a 7 year/85,000 mile warranty. Delivery date is Oct. 7th.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 11:08 AM
Yukonart

Oh you lucky dog!!! I take it you went with some pretty major options? Like dual tops, etc? Or did the price you mentioned include tax and licensing, too?
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 01:00 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

A sales guy shot me a price of "just under $26k for a soft top Rubicon with AC".
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 01:48 PM
mikeddffp

I ordered mine june 1st and they called sat and said sticker on mine will be $28,560 which included dual tops, cloth seating, ac, security keys, cd and subwoofer sound system, cruise, tinted windows on both tops and i think something else that escapes me now that i dont have the paperwork infront of me. i ran the price on jeepwarehouse.com and it matched up with what they had for sticker.they also said I should know delivery info this week maybe not the day but atleast the week for sure. I might have to wait a bit more than some because as of last week i was the only order in my zone that wasnt dealer stock. My best friend works there so i should be able to get it somewhere between cost and sticker hopefully about 27k.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2002, 09:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

6 speed in a Wrangler...and in 2006...keep dreamin

I don't think they are going to put a long 6 speed tranny in a TJ if they cann't even manage an NV4500 from the factory now, oh and don't get your hopes up the Wrangler line IS going to be discontinued soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode