SeaFoam? anyone try this, i think it works wonders - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:39 PM
Wrangler88

SeaFoam? anyone try this, i think it works wonders

well i'm not one for using all of those different additives out there that fixes everything and makes your motor like new, but from my own oppionion(sp?), this stuff called "SeaFoam" i picked up at advanced Auto parts, seemed to work great!, i always had a ruff idle with my 2.5L and after about 20 minutes of driving with this the rough idle is gone, i also started hearing a ticking sound from the motor lately and that went away too, its one of those you can poor into anything kinda fluids, but i'm happy with it so maybe look into it and give it a try!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:41 PM
Way Outta Control

Re: SeaFoam? anyone try this, i think it works wonders

Yep, it's one product that I swear by instead of at....
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:08 PM

Jim Beam, Jack Daniels or Crown Royal will have the same effect, actually it doesn't make noises go away or smooth ruff idles. Its just that after you drink it you give a
sh!t.
Seriously what is SeaFoam, never heard of it. Got a link??

DSD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:18 PM
Way Outta Control

Sure... Me, I simply call Seafoam "Panther Piss," it's my little name for all additives. I swear by the stuff, rather than at it. Seafoam is a company that makes fuel and oil attitives. Seafoam is a "run-through" type carb/fuel system cleaner. It has the added benefits of removing carbon deposits in the head, when used in high concentration. It also cleans out sludge in the crank case when it's added to engine oil. Just follow the instructions on the cans. In my little area of the world NAPA stocks the stuff.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have used and think this stuff works as well, but do not agree with the dirrections on the can.

I have several lifters I was hopeing to quite by using seafoam. I drained out about half a quart of oil and added the seafoam. My jeep burns effectively no oil and when I had added the seafoam it was full. The lifters where some what better for about a week and then slowly went back to normal. when I checked my oil it was about half a quart low. I beleave that the seafoam evaporated from the oil and all the crap it had removered from the lifters and disolved in the oil was repercipitated and got back into every thing.

The can implyes that you add the stuff to your oil and forget it. I would recommend addeding it and running for 50 miles or so and then draining and replaceing the oil and filter. When I later did this on my jeep the lifters got better and seem to be staying that way. They are still not good but they are better then before.

bandhmo
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-01-2002, 08:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I typically use ChemTool to flush an engine that's gone too long between oil changes. I pour just about an entire bottle (check directions but I have a 6 quart oil cap and I need the whole bottle) and run the engine up to full temp. Shut it off and CAREFULLY drain the oild while hot. The solvent will dissolve most of the deposits. On the last vehicle I purchased I had to go through this twice before all was right again.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2002, 12:40 PM
Can't Get Enough

I've used the stuff for years too and had real good luck with it. I use it mostly as an over-wintering additive because, as we all know, everything that I have runs great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]! I add it to my lawn mower and jet ski fuel tanks and let them run a little bit of it through the carbs and they start right back up next spring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode