OT--New woman - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 05:30 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

OT--New woman

Remember a while back I was all down in the dumps about my X...<-that'd be sweet if I was talking about a Wrangler X! Anyhow, my x woman. After some coaxing and coaching from you guys here, and some soul searching I got up one day and more or less looked myself in the eyes. (Its easy with a magical get over it mirror) and said F-IT! NO MO PAIN!

So I picked myself up by the juevos that day and marched on. Took all the pictures down, took of my rings, my necklaces that she'd given me...I took her out of my life. I dont know if I've ever been so damn happy in all of my days! I do what I want to do and I wheel when I wanna wheel, I go get drunk with the boys and pick up beautiful babies when I want to...THIS is life. Well, for now anyhow! lol!

I met this cute little lady at work, who just moved here from Florida. We hit it off pretty well, and we sit on separate sides of the office, but have inter-office email thats like AIM so we talk all day. We have gone out a few times, she likes my friends, likes drinking Corona, likes to dance, shes awesome!

Anyhow, point of the story coming up...I asked her to come meet the family and watch a movie tonight. I still live at home like a loser! (I'm 21), so its not a special trip or anything. I asked her if she minded riding in the Jeep and she said this: "i'm not that kind of girl.......who wouldnt want to ride in a bumpy, noisy,ect Jeep. I dont care about stuff like that. Thank you though for being considerate"

I was like WOO HOO! She comes across as a 'I dont wanna get sweaty' girl, but I think its a thin covering of how she really is! Anyhow, I wanted to share cause I was excited.

Marcus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:14 PM
Old Hand

Re: OT--New woman

Good for you. Now can you find me one like that that doesn't run away when she finds out that i'm not a spoiled daddy's boy and actually work for what I have? j/k, but that's why I call myself "gigolo". Seems like I always end up with chicks that are expecting money, then it's on to the next one when they find out I have to, god forbid, WORK for a living. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] But it is nice to be single and leave for a weekend on a moment's notice! Good luck with the new catch.
Adam
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 06:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

LOL! DOWN WITH GOLD DIGGERS! lol! That was a good post man, thanks for the laugh. You really have found more than one chick like that? Wow...I keep running into stupid ones. I've even encountered a psycho lady friend in my short 3.5 single months! IT GETS WORSE BEFORE IT GETS BETTER! LOL!

Just like the damn Jeep, everything will break before it runs like it should.

Take care,

Marcus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 07:24 PM
Carpal \'Tunnel

Does she have a sister in the Chicagoland area? I need a lady friend to ride shotgun in my CJ so that I can look even cooler and be the envy of all those little RAV 4's.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 09:09 PM

try looking for a companion in philly.......if you arent 'professional'.....you're suckin the sh!tty nipple
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:49 AM

Hey gigolo.
We all know you are a spoiled Daddy's boy!! hehe
Just kidding. Too bad you dont have a Jeep chic as cool as mine! She likes to wheel and dont mind when I spend too much on the Jeeps! hehe
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 09:47 AM
Yukonart

That's VERY cool, Marcus. I'm just 30. . . and TWICE-divorced. (Thinking of changing my name to Ross Gellar.) Anyway, long story short. . . if I wasn't single right now, I wouldn't have met my friend Cari from Yakima, WA who got me started on this whole Jeep thing in the first place. And if it weren't for that, I wouldn't be here typing this post out! lol

Truthfully, though. . . being single can suck sometimes, but at other times it IS nice to do what you want when you want. I've been having a blast this summer so far, and because of that I'm not even worrying about who I may date next. (Took the summer off from dating, too) Cool that you caught yourself a down-to-earth one, though.. . . those are sometimes hard to find, these days.

Best advice. . . . take it slow, take it easy, relax, be yourself, and be honest with her. Hard to believe how a little honesty goes a long way, these days. Just my two cents! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode