350 swap Auto trans questions??? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:38 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

350 swap Auto trans questions???

Ok, Iam back at it for now on the 350 swap. I know its been sometime and all good things come in time. But I did get the motor mounted this weekend with a little help from my friends. Sounds kind a of familiar. Any how let me refresh you with my donor truck. Its stock 1987 Chevy Silverado 4x4 the motor and trans both have approx 1250 miles on it (GM 350 crate motor) trans was just over hauled. Not thinking I did measure the motor and trans, looked at the 75 CJ 5 frame and said sure it will fit. I was thinking the drive shaft was going to be short but would be OK. Well its not OK, its to damn short. I am telling you its near 8. What to do? Obviously I need to rethink the trans selection, however I would really like to stay with the auto. Any help would be great. What auto trans to use? What trans are in the S10? The motor is as far forward as can be to allow the distributor to clear the fire wall and allow for the radiator to mounted with electric fans. I am working on two projects at once and this one is not going to be to best off roader. More of a show type thing. The other one the 71 CJ5 will be for play.

Do that make medication for the illness called JEEP??
1- 75 CJ5 350 working project
1- 71 CJ5 V6 running project
1- large bottle of Aspirin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:33 PM
Official Historian

Re: 350 swap Auto trans questions???

What about moving your rear axle back a couple inches? If you are using the th700r4 or th400, you could use the th350 as it's shorter.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 03:31 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 350 swap Auto trans questions???

So how much shorter is the 350 over the 400. 6 to 8"? Maybe this could be what I need to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode