help, radiator for 401 in CJ?? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 12:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

help, radiator for 401 in CJ??

I have finished my 401 and need a radiator.....where should I look....I have seen 3 cores for a 350 swap, but never seen one specifically for the 401 in a CJ......I have one for a 304 but it is pretty bad off, and I need better cooling.....I dont want to use a remote set up either........
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:21 PM

Re: help, radiator for 401 in CJ??

if the one in your cj is a three row just have it recored at a radiator shop thats what i did it runs a lot cooler now if it is a two row have the radiator shop put a three row in it the tanks are the same
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Any radiator shop can order a stock v-8 replacement readiator that should keep it cool. As long as you have a good fan and a good fan shroud. I just went through this with my 360. I used the stock V-8 radiator and a fan shroud. It seems to be staying pretty cool. ON the street it never gets above 180. I have not been in the dirt yet but we shall see shortly. If I were you I would look into a custom made aluminum and make it the biggest you can fit. If you have to fab some core supports I would to get a wider radiator in the Jeep. Be Cool I believe has a prefab aluminum radiator that should fit. Check www.BECOOL.Com. I wold also checck a few of the reputable radiator shops near you. If you live in the So Cal area I can suggest a shop that can do the radiator and the shroud. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:41 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I bought a brand new 4 core radiator online at www.911radiator.com for $181 and it was delivered the next day. garanteed forever too.. hard to beat...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

get the 4 row with that 401. they can be a pain to cool.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 09:07 AM
sheesley

I would recommend taking a width measurement and ordering a griffin aluminum one from jegs or summit. I got mine for $179.00 and welded aluminum tabs on it-or you can have a shot do it for cheap-then you will have a brand new radiator that will be hard to overheat-I have never had a problem yet....~TIM~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode