Way Outta Control
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: The Palouse
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Re: CJ7 Seat Belt mounts HELP!!
This part is welded t the side of the tub... so finding them in a junk yard is going to be destructive to the donor, an likely to the part. It's also a stiffener for the side of the tub.
When I had my OEM Metal body the pillars did rust at the bottom. To cure the problem I:
1. Bought took some 3/16" material 9" long
2. Bent it into an "L" shape and welded gussets on the sides to incease strength and prevent bending.
3. Drilled a hole for the seatbelt nut assembly and locating pin at the OEM height.
4. Welded a nut on the backside to recieve the seatbelt retractor assembly
5. Cut the OEM pillar just above the seatbelt reactor nut.
6. Welded the "L" assembly to the floor (seam welded) and the pillar.
7. Drilled and inserted two 3/8" bolts and 1" washers through the floor as backup to the welds.
These parts are avaliable at the dealer for about $60, if I remember right.