This bbs is the best on the web - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 07:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

This bbs is the best on the web

The "other" bbs that is probably the most popular on the web touts itself as hardcore. Thats fine, but not tolerating newbies that have a legitimate question just plain sucks and shows an attitude that is extremely immature. Yesterday, some kid posted a question on the merits of BFG ATs, not a hard core tire, he got pretty well razzed, me and a couple other guys tried to give him honest answers, then the post got deleted by the moderator, my only guess as to why is because they considered it a waste of space because it wasn't about a high pinion Dana 60 behind an Atlas, blah, blah. I frequent that bbs too, but I'm going to pretty much stay away from it and spend my time here. Sure, I've been guilty of telling folks to search and saying that the question has been asked a million times, but to my knowledge we have never deleted a post because it is not "hardcore" enough. All questions are welcome here, and I, along with most others, appreciate that. (And I'll bet half of those guys that gave that kid a real razzing are just armchair wheelers! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img])
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 08:04 PM

Re: This bbs is the best on the web

Hardcore rockcrawlers. not hardcore jeepers.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 08:07 PM
Way Outta Control

[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]I'm delteting this post because it's not hardcore enough![img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 08:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Brad you couldnt have said it better. I read the other board just to get some laughs. Bearly ever do you really see them do any tech stuff, normally one or two replys then its flame time. I dont even think i ever registered over there. I do hang out and the Qtec board which is mostly all kids with stereo and bolt on questions. But there are a ton of guys there from Jersey and we do alot of trail rides together. I also try to help out the young guns with there tech side. Oh well this bbs rules!!!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 08:57 PM

Here is home.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Maybe we aren't the most harcore.
But............we are not as "weenie" as several other boards either.
And best of all, THIS IS THE MOST FLAME FREE BBS OUT THERE.
While things happen from time to time at least questions get answered . Doesn't matter if you are a newbie or a long timer. All we ask is that you look first............and then ask.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 09:15 PM

I gotta agree. I'm registered there as well, but this bbs seems to post ,more usable info. They seem to thrive on their status based on the number of posts. They seem to post BS responses just to pad the number of posts they are credited with. Check any thread and at least half of the responses are pure sh!t that people post just to slam the original poster and pad their numbers. Here you seem to just get responses that help you out when you have a question,
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 11:04 PM

This has been discussed before, you should have done a search [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img][img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img][img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I agree with you, tho' The atmosphere here is so much friendlier than any of the other boards. Heck, it's even OK to have small drivetrain components like D44's behind D300's here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 11:32 PM

I have a whole bunch of post padders on ignore on that other site. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I don't have to read thier drivel. It makes it much easier to cut through the BS. But it is definetly tiresome.

I find I get much quicker answers on most of the subjects here. But I do enjoy both. You must have a certain amount of balance.

I do spend more time here than anywhere else. It is the people!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 11:38 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Lets all go over there and start asking stuff like, "why is there oil in my breather"? We'll drive em nuts! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 01:14 AM

Here we go again,,,,,,,, the monthly "Piss on POR" thread,,,,,,,,,,BORING!!!!!

This is a good BBS in it's own way,,,,,,,,,but so is POR,,,,,,,,,alot of good info on both.
The whole world can't be all smiley faces [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

There are many BBS's for beginner questions, POR tries not to be one, I think it's good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode