New Jeep for DD!!! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 12:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New Jeep for DD!!!

I can't take it any more... I've got to tell you guys that my wife and I just traded her 2001 Ford Supercrew in on a 2002 TJ! I finally convinced her to get rid of that truck! I couldn't sleep last night since I had visions of minor wheelin' with the TJ and building the '56 to be just barely street legal (if at all) for more serious trails!

Specs:
2002 TJ sport
5 spd
D30F, D44R (3.73 gears are the only ones available)
30" tire/wheel pkg (soon to be traded in for 31's for now)
Dark Patriot Blue w/Black soft top.
Dark tint on the windows (including the factory dark soft windows).

The Jeep does have some stupid graphics ($400?! they're keepin' 'em) as well as the Mopar chrome tube bumper/grill guard w/Ramsey 6000# winch ($2000!! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] they're taking that back too. Don't want any stinkin' chrome) We picked it up for ~$21K (after they keep their 'accessories'). I'll take some pics of it when I get home.

I do have a question about the TJ's:
Has anyone used the TeraFlex spacer lift for a little bit of clearance over stock height? I plan on a 3-4" lift later (to fit 33's without too much fender trimming), but I wanted to use this spacer kit for the 31's. Anyone have any experience with these? Thanks, Bret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 12:33 PM
Yukonart

Re: New Jeep for DD!!!

Okay, Hubeid. . . . keep talking about the new TJ, because I'm mulling over what to get next year, and I'll take as much feedback on the new ones as you're willing to dish-out. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nice color selection, by the way. Yeah, forget the graphics and the chrome. Chrome's only going to get scraped-up and start to rust on the trail, anyway. You going to get a hard top for that, or stick with the factory soft, for now? (Up here in Pacific Northwest, Seattle anyway, a hardtop is a prerequisite for me in the winter with all the rain)

Let us know which lift you're going to try for long-term trailing. I'm very curious about the kits available, costs involved, and ease of installation as that'll be the first thing I look to do after getting any Jeep.

And one more thing. . . HAVE FUN!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 12:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'll just run the soft top this winter (lack 'o' cash), but I do plan on getting a hard top next year. We both love this Jeep. My wife has finally been bitten by the Jeep bug. Now it's just going to be a battle to get any kind of a budget for the '56, because she asked "We're not going to leave this TJ stock are we?". I was the happiest man on earth, then she told me to wipe the drool off of my chin [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img][img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]. I'll keep you posted on the lift situation. Bret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 12:51 PM
Yukonart

Awwwww. . . true love is when your wife keeps your budget for your CJ low. . . .ONLY because she wants you to outfit another Jeep! You're a lucky guy, Bret!!!

Yeah, and keep us posted on anything else you do to the TJ. Any product reviews you have of storage consoles, outer hardware, etc would be great too!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Keep in mind that her wanting to fix up her Jeep is only good if you get to wheel it. If she will not let you wheel it then her Jeep stays stock and your CJ get built. If she cant handle that then out an exhaust system on it and call it modified. :-)
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:37 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

We have an agreement that I get the Jeep for trails until the '56 is trail ready. Then we'll re-negotiate [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]... Bret
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Congrats sounds like you got a great woman and a great set of vehicles. Keep up the good work and if you find time pass on the knowledge of how to find such a great woman that shares your enthusiasm in Jeeps. I am sure there are a lot of single guys and a few married ones that are interested in that.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good move! Did you get the good warranty and everything?

I have a 2" Tera Flex lift, and the front has the 1" spacers in the springs. I havent seen any problems with them at all. The lift rides good with Doetsch Tech shocks, and a 1" body lift. I will have pictures one year, but I can FULLY flex the lift out (sway bar discos front and rear) and not smash the 33s into anything. You wont have to do any fender trimming with a 3 or 4".

Definitely let us know how it does on gas and so forth, did you get a Sahara? Sport? X? Apex? HUH HUH HUH!?!! LOL!

I'm thinking about a new one myself. DOWN WITH THE 97! lol!

Marcus
post #9 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep on the warranty. It's the Sport model. It was a sweet deal that we couldn't pass up. They'd had this Jeep for a while, so it was costing them money to keep it on the lot. We got it for the invoice price, but they'll still get their kick back based on the full MSRP. Bret
post #10 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Official Historian

Somebody has to ask. Why not the Rubicon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode