kinda OT- VERY cool machine shop - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

kinda OT- VERY cool machine shop

my engine is just about done, so i cant wait to get the 7 back on the road/trails! BUT since its not assembled yet i cant rightfully put it in the jeep at the moment. heres where the cool part comes into play. Geoff, my machinist, is very busy at the moment, so he invited me down to his shop to assemble my engine (with a little assistance from geoff since i hadnt done this before.)his tools,(all snap on) his air conditioned shop, etc etc. ill be finishing it tomorrow, this has been a great experience and a lot of fun. ill let yall know when the green machine is back on the trail!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 03:46 AM
Way Outta Control

Re: kinda OT- VERY cool machine shop

1. Nice opportunity!
2. Take Pictures.
3. Take more Pictures!
4. Post a few!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 06:29 AM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Nothin' like holding every part of your rig in your hand.........assembling the rig EN TOTAL......then hopping in and heading for some far-off destination and trusting that you didn't leave your pocket knife in the lifter valley of the engine.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Assembling your own engine is [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]cool. Did it m'self a few times; heh heh....like maybe THREE DOZEN....but who's counting.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 01:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I am glad that you trust yourself so much CJDAVE but when I work on my motors I am still worried that I left a socket in the lifter valley or worse, forgot to bolt up a rod or something. I am not sure I did everything right till I have finished the first smokin burnout and the motor is still running.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 04:20 PM
JesseA

I think its particularly cool that your Machininst called you and said (im paraphrasing) "Cmon over here and we'll put your motor together."

Very cool.

jesse
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 05:45 PM
Keyboard Implanted

[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] I try and make it a habit to assemble motors in the evening when nobody else is around....that way i DON'T leave a socket in the lifter valley.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img] Distractions can be costly when you are assembling an engine.[img]images/icons/crazy.gif[/img]
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 07:04 PM

Exactly Dave.
*You don't want someone wanting to strike up a big BS session when you need every bit attention devoted to what you are doing.
* It's one of the times you really don't want one of your buddy's $.02 or story going on if you don't need the help.
*Actually, it's one of those "ZEN" times. (one with the machine]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-29-2002, 02:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

actually thats exactly his words haha. ill be putting the finishing touches on it tomorrow afternoon and i guess ill have to tape wrestling cause tomorrow night im gonna be awful busy putting in the engine, tranny and t case!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode