sold the cj6 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 11:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sold the cj6

I sold my cj6 yesterday and I know I am going to regret it within a month. I got $4500 for the thing and probably could have gotten more out of the guy but didnt really feel the urge to squeeze a few hundred dollars out of him. Im just glad I could sell it. Now its time to find that perfect project rig. Anyone got a 72 on cj5 or flatfender for cheap in Oregon. Its amazing how many flatfenders I can find around here when I look.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 02:58 AM

Re: sold the cj6

Let's see a pic of the 6!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

here is one when I had the small tires on for a trip in the mountains. It was a little high geared for my liking and I had too much money into it already. It was either motor or gears or both but I chose to sell it and start over. Now I have a little money to play around with and we'll see where it goes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 838341-mountjef.jpg (33.2 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Awwww, sixes are sooooo cool! If you already had too much money into it, how could you sell it and make it worth starting over? Just wondering.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 09:07 PM
Addict

(sniff) im crying for you. if i ever saw one in tampa for sale, id be ALL over it. but ive never even seen one driving around here. I'm sorry for your loss. selling a Jeep is nuts, selling one like thats insane. at least you have a goal in mind and its not just cause the wife ordered you to dump it. hope you find you "perfect" project
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 09:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My problem was that I had too much into it to make it an off road only jeep. It was very street nice but still not quite practical for daily commuting. That jeep was my only vehicle and when it broke down from hard wheeling I had to catch a ride or something. That was the big issue. That and I wanted more power which is a never ending battle Im finding out. I think I can find another cj6 if I really want to. I know of two in the area and one is for sale already for $2000 which is a pretty good deal in my opinion. I guess I'll see what turns up.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 11:43 PM
I Might Just Know What I'm Talking About

Hey Cole, Where in Oregon are you? I'm in Central OR, Sisters to be exact. I'll keep my eyes open for you. I just picked up a sweet Scrambler for less than half of what you sold the 6 for.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 11:20 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live in Lebanon about a mile from Waterloo. Im actually coming through sisters today on my way to bend to sell berries at the farmers market. This is my last week and I am so glad. It is the biggest pain ever. I'll be glad to see all those raspberries torn out this fall. Maybe we can get together some time and go wheeling. We might be planning a trip to the Rubicon next spring/beginning of summer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode