Back from PNW4WDA Trail Jam...what a blast!!(PICS) - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Jeep-Short Wheelbase All discussion of short wheelbase Jeeps: CJ, TJ, YJ and JK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Back from PNW4WDA Trail Jam...what a blast!!(PICS)

Me and the Jeepchick got back yesterday from the PNW4WDA Trail Jam. Man, WHAT A BLAST!! I got tons of pics, so check them out below and let me know what you think.

The Jam started Thursday, but we couldn't get up there until late afternoon on Thursday, so we missed one day of wheeling, but had a kickass dinner(lasagna). The Jam was held up near Naches, WA. It was about a 5 hour drive for us, but boy was it worth it!

We got up around 6:30am on Friday and headed out. We hit Rocky Saddle and a few other trails I don't quite remember. Something-woodpecker. Nothing real hard, just VERY technical. The cut off width for rigs was 74", and my Jeep came in at 74", so I barely made it past inspection. The reason they had the restriction was because there was only about 75" between trees. I came out with out any damage, but a Toyota we were with got some new beauty marks.

The day was HOT, maybe around 90-100. And on top the heat, the bugs ate me ALIVE, and the dust was enough to make you choke to death.

The day ended around 3-3:30. We went back to camp and took a nice, needed bath in the river. Talk about cold!! After that, we headed off to dinner. Burgers.....yum. Too bad we had to wait an hour in line for them. After that, it was back to camp to B/S about the day and life, then off to bed.

We decided to sleep in on Saturday and head out on our own instead with the group. So we got a somewhat late start. Probably left around 8:30 or so. We headed up to Funny Rocks to watch the mayhem. On the way we ran into the Brush Busters, and decided to join up with them.

There was quite a line-up of Jeeps and other rigs at Funny Rocks. We parked and I got some good pics. A Landcruiser tipped on the easiet part at Funny Rocks. Didn't get any pics unfortunetly.

After we chilled at Funny Rocks for a few hours, our large group(Gorge Ridge Runners and Brush Busters) decided to head to Moon Rocks.

When we got there, there was nobody! Completely dead. We played around for a while, and then everybody decided they would come over. So just about everyone from Funny Rocks swung over. It made for some great pics!

We even saw the Warn Jeep out there. Man, what a NICE setup. It's the one in all the catalogs. It had the XCL suspension on it, an LT1 engine, along with tons of other useful mods! I snapped a couple great shots of it. It also had Warn's brand new winch on there. It'd never been seen before this trip. Atleast that's what all the Warn guys told us. It's called a 9.5ti. I don't really have too much info on it, or any good pics. He said something about thermal something a rather. Also said it's quite water proof with seals on just about everything. It's a fast line speed winch. Also said something about hooking a light up to the dash that will go on when the winch is getting too hot. Nice looking winch! The one on the Warn Jeep had a polished alum case that looked AWESOME! Too bad they're not going to make that.

I took my YJ on the rocks a bit. Mainly on Moon Rocks. It did quite well. I just screwed up once and about flipped it on it's lid. My front end got about 3' of air or so. I don't have any pics of it yet, but we'll see if someone else got some.

All in all I had an AWESOME time!! And I definetly will be going back next year. I encourage anybody in the NW to check it out. Although next year it may not be in Naches do to easing the pressure on the trail that each year we bring.

Anyway, sorry about the long post. Check out the picks and give some feedback!!

<a target="_blank" href=http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jamgood96/lst?&amp;.dir=/Trail+Jam+-+2002&amp;.src=ph&amp;.begin=9999&amp;.view=t&amp; .order=&amp;.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/jamgood96/lst%3f%26.dir=/Trail%2bJam%2b-%2b2002%26.src=ph%26.view=t>http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/jamgood96/lst?&amp;.dir=/Trail+Jam+-+2002&amp;.src=ph&amp;.begin=9999&amp;.view=t&amp; .order=&amp;.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/jamgood96/lst%3f%26.dir=/Trail%2bJam%2b-%2b2002%26.src=ph%26.view=t</a>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Location: Tualatin, Oregon, United States of America, North America, Earth, Milkyway Galaxy, Universe...

Re: Back from PNW4WDA Trail Jam...what a blast!!(PICS)

BTT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 07:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

The last one is the coolest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 07:30 PM
Keyboard Implanted

sweet!!.. I love trail pics..it always sucks when you take the pics... very few of them are of yourself...
I have a thing where I'm too busy driving to think about pics and I only get lame pics at the top and cool pics of others behind me....
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 08:09 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I loved the SWB pic's, but this one impressed me the most!

It looks like a stock XJ with weenie tires! Did it climb that obstacle without the hook?
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 08:22 PM
Way Outta Control

That XJ just is more proof that the Off-Road experience is 10% vehilce and 90% driver!
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

Yep, he made it up alright. Got a nice new beauty mark under the door. He got that thing to go some pretty kewl places. But he was pretty damn hard on it. So like LEVE said, 10% vehicle, and 90% driver. It's a bit different when the driver is hard as hell on it. I don't know if you guys saw the pic of the S-10. That thing was pretty much stock with just some big meats stuffed in the fenders. It went EVERYWHERE that the rock crawlers went, but he didn't care if he flipped it.

thorjeep - Are you talking about the pic of the CJ in the lower right, and the trees and hills in the background? Would you believe that was taking while I was moving with my hand and camera sticking out the window. Damn I'm in love with that picture. It's on my desktop wallpaper right now.

elusive - Yep, that's always how it is with me. I never get any shots of my rig. I always get lots of shots of everyone else's though. I got some great ones too!! I like the pics of the Warn Jeep climbing the rocks. I got it just perfect to where you could just see the "Go Prepared" sticker on the windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode